Can't stand the ups and downs

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SadDude87, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

I don't believe I am frustrated because of feeling good. I am not on any drugs at all right now, have been off anti depressants for the past 2 months, aren't drinking and feel GREAT. I love my body, my face, what friends I have and the prospects for the future.

I can't believe I have posted on a suicide forum, contemplating death.

The problem is, I know I will fall back into depression. I felt like this about 2 weeks ago and it was great, but only lasted a day or 2 until some sort of external stimuli plunged me back into my usual, sad state. I'll make a mistake at work, say something stupid, feel I look stupid or something. Do I need thicker skin? Yes. The problem is on the outside I do have thick skin, I never show that anything is getting to me. Genuinely not caring about mistakes and problems is much harder.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Up&down

Up&down Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    Sorry you feel this way
    My name on here is up & Down for a reason I felt like you for 25 years and in that time abused drink & drugs got in trouble with the old bill etc.
    Now I waited 25 years to seek help and in that time my life was either absolute heaven or absolute hell not really much inbetween, I lost jobs, friends, relationships and my liberty due to my mood swings.
    You can have a good life as I do now by seeing a doctor getting and getting referred to a mental heath team.
    For me I got diagnosed with BP I thought they were mad because I certainly was not, anyway they give me a perscription for lithium I took it on the off chance and bingo my life changed for the better from that day.
    Please don't wait as long as I did to seek help.
    You really don't have anything to lose except these awful mood swings.
    Stay safe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.