Can't stop feeling numb

searches

Born on a Monday.
I've made recent improvements in my life, but ironically it's only made it more clear to me how terrible the state of my mental health is.

I just feel... nothing. Nothing brings joy anymore. Nothing really bothers me too much. I've gradually shut off from my few irl and internet friends. After a while people stopped asking about me. I'm not resentful towards them. The way I'm feeling hasn't been brought on by anyone or anything in specific. It's just an emptiness that's been with me for a long time.

Sorry, I'm bad at expressing my feelings like this. I can't stop thinking about how okay I'd be with ending it soon, and how little motivation I have to go forward. My world is so lonely and small and gray.

Fox

First of all welcome to SF, you can find a lot of people here who are glad to chat with you and help you.
I am sorry that you are feeling this way, depression can mute your feelings and thoughts.
Have you tried any medication that can help?

KindaOtiose

Hi. This is a common symptom of depression. I'm sorry you've been feeling this way. Have you ever considered or attended therapy. I hope you can feel better soon and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. Sending hugs *hug10*sadhug.

searches

Born on a Monday.
Sometimes antidepressants need time to work and doctors often add mood stabilizers with the antidepressants.
Yeah I've gone through the process for many years. At this point I'd rather just be off them than deal with the side effects I usually end up with. I'm not anti-medication though, I can acknowledge it's worked wonders for other people, just not for me.

Hi. This is a common symptom of depression. I'm sorry you've been feeling this way. Have you ever considered or attended therapy. I hope you can feel better soon and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. Sending hugs *hug10*sadhug.
Thank you for the kind words. I've been on and off with therapists (bounced around by the system when I was younger, poor finances now). Have had more access to group therapy but I find it hard to actually engage with that kind of environment... I get too anxious.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to SF.

Anti-depressants are not always the answer, sometimes to have to find inside of you what the answer for you specifically might be.

I understand there is a lot of anxiety involved in group therapy but the key is to not give up, when you get to know the others and learn the coping skills you will become more relaxed and it will be a ''new normal'' for you.

I hope you recover swiftly and keep talking to us, ok? *hug

searches

Born on a Monday.
Welcome to SF.

Anti-depressants are not always the answer, sometimes to have to find inside of you what the answer for you specifically might be.

I understand there is a lot of anxiety involved in group therapy but the key is to not give up, when you get to know the others and learn the coping skills you will become more relaxed and it will be a ''new normal'' for you.

I hope you recover swiftly and keep talking to us, ok? *hug
Thank you, I'll try to keep that in mind. I'm going to try group therapy again once restrictions here ease up.

I'll definitely stick around here, today's been rough but I'm already finding that it helps to pop in here and be around understanding people.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Awh, that is lovely to hear that SF is helping you already, its good not to feel alone, isn't it?

Maybe join in on the Jim's cafe thread to get to know others here, my friends here on this forum are the best friends I never had :)

Good luck to you and keep us posted, I hope the restrictions ease up soon wherever in the world you are. You're not alone. *grouphug2

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00