cant stop self harming right now!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kiba, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

blah.. I havent self harmed in forever but now im at it again.. my issue is stopping one i start a cut! :blub: gah!!! I just cant stop... great..
  2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: Something happen? Can you tell us what brought you so down hun?
  3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Idk.. havent cut in years.. just tired of shit.. Was neglected as a kid.. neighbors beat me.. took care of my bros like a parent.. then in 2005 one of my bros died.. I attempted suicide a few times.. parents gave me to state.... went into intensive treatment and foster care.. finally out.. but now on bad terms with the street kids here.. saw a shooting this summer and duno if the shooter saw me.. I dont feel safe outside.. my PTSD is fucking with me about all this shit.. I'm getting headaches a lot.. I lost my script to get meds for the headaches.. I want to die but I don't think I'm gona since Ive already survived 30+ attempts.. I'm tired of people dieing.. my bro, aunt, cousin, guy shot, saw a guy jump a bridge, guy at my complex committed suicide after I moved in, 2 guys from a group I used to go to died.. etc... So I'm stuck in this shit hole.. Just wanting it all to end and since it cant, self harming seems to be the next best thing.. but my OCD makes it hard for me to put down the object.. bleh..
  4. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hello Swift,

Sorry to hear you arre having such a difficult time today and your past is returning to hurt you. Remembering a rugged past must be very difficult. I thought I would give you a big virtual hug :hug: .

Please don't hurt yourself, it will not help you solve anything. Do you get support with your emotions and feelings such as therapy or couselling?
    I do hope you feel better soon :hug:
  5. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

eh.. some.. I have a therapist.. but that all I have.. my family triggers my PTSD and Ive tried telling them that but yea.. I have no more friends to speak of since they have all used me.. yea.. eh.. I live alone... so I'm completely alone..
  6. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

Hey Swift,

I know we just met but if it's any relief to you i'm here to lend you my ear.

I'm only a 'click' away
  7. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Im sorry hun :( :hug: s if you need to talk you can pm me :) or add me to msn. If you want that is. Im here for you! :arms:
  8. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

How are you doing?
  9. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Well.. Ive stopped harming myself.. Just cant sleep.. Was trying to sleep and I started having a nightmare.. :( I'm really getting tired of the PTSD... sigh.. I cant sleep.. was gona go to bed now at 7am and up at 2pm.. eh.. I don't think I'm gona sleep at all though.. I keep flashing back.. and that's why I cut.. I flashed back.. I feel like a little kid right now hidden inside this body.. I feel like I'm mentally isolated and cold. I feel blank and dead.. but like I was when I was a kid.
  10. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Hi Swift , Sorry that things are hard for you right now .
    I can relate a lot with you i have PTSD and i self injure as well and i understand how family can trigger it as well.
    If you ever need someone to talk to please pm me
  11. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

What will calm you down when you have the PTSD flashbacks?
  12. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Here are a few ways you can distract yourself, thinking of you :hug:

Often the best thing is to find out what has worked for other people who understand where you're coming from. asked young people from young people's mental health service, 42nd Street in Manchester, to come up with some of the alternatives that help them.
    Alternative therapies: massage, reiki, meditation, acupuncture, aromatherapy.
    Bake or cook something tasty.
    Clean (and won't your folks/housemates be pleased!).
    Craftwork: make things, draw or paint.
    Dance your socks off.
    Eat sweets or chocolate for an instant sugar rush (but be careful of the dip in your mood once it's over).
    Exercise for a release of endorphins and that feel-good factor.
    Forward planning - concentrate on something in the future, like a holiday.
    Go for a walk (preferably further than the local pub).
    Go online and look at websites that offer you advice and information.
    Hang out with friends and family.
    Have a bubble bath with lots of bath bombs fizzing around you.
    Have a good cry.
    Hug a soft toy.
    Invite a friend round.
    Join a gym or a club.
    Knit (it's not just for old people you know).
    Listen to music.
    Music: singing, playing instruments, listening to (basically making as much noise as you can).
    Open up to a friend or family member about how you are feeling.
    Pop bubble wrap.
    Phone a helpline or a friend.
    Play computer games.
    Play with a stress ball or make one yourself.
    Read a book.
    Rip up a phone directory (does anyone actually use them these days?).
    Scream into an empty room.
    Shop 'til you drop.
    Smoke - smokers find that having a fag can help.
    Spend time with babies (when they're in a good mood).
    Tell or listen to jokes.
    Use the internet.
    Visit a zoo or a farm (animals do the best things).
    Volunteer for an organisation (will make you feel all warm inside).
    Watch TV or films - particularly comedies.
    Write: diary, poems, a book.
    Write negative feelings on paper, then rip them up.
    Yoga: meditation, deep breathing - this might help you relax and control your urges.
    Zzz - get a good night's sleep.
  13. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

please sister, never feel that you are alone, im always here if you need me, and im here to help :hug: dont think you are alone
  14. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

eh.. I cant control the feelings.. I feel so mad now.. and I feel scared too.. Just want to feel accepted.. but idk.. I'm just being selfish.. I want to die.. sorta.. but I just arg.. I haven't been sleeping more then 4hr a day.. have had weird eating schedules.. I'm having trouble taking care of myself, but more intensive treatment isn't a option.. will only make the situation worse.. I'm constantly triggered.. just simply being here alone. I wish it would all end..

I just don't get it.. I beat my depression.. and then BOOM.. I start dealing with PTSD issues..

Now I see bad things just closing my eyes to go to bed.. I don't feel like my self a lot and become extremely impulsive.. I get isolated with my own thoughts.. feel like I bother everyone around me.. I feel like a monster..
  15. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

16. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Would relaxation or hypnotherapy CDs help?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.