cant stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lilella44, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i'm 16 in a week, and i've been cutting since i was 13. i cant stop. i really cant. my boyfriend keeps telling me i can, but he really has no idea how addicted i am to it. when things are bad i just have to cut. lately i've been feeling ever so sad and suicidal. a couple days ago i did it ten times in about fifteen min. this morning before school i did it four times. just before i did it about five times.

my mum and my therapist both know i do it, but neither of them ever talk to me about it and have never tried to stop me. mum wont even take away the sharp things i have. its like its something that doesnt really matter.

my eyes hurt so much from holding in tears all day. my wrists sting.

what do i do...
  2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

have you tried to talk to another priofessional about it? or to your mother and have along talk about you´re feelings? may be she doesnt want to push you and she´s waiting for you to make the first step=D
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree with jane. You need to be the one to bring it up. You need to show them that you do it for a reason and you want help to stop. Yes you are right. It is an addiction. And like any other addiction, eventually it doesnt do for you what it once did. You move on to more intense or more dangerous things. Please hun, discuss this with your mom and therapist before you find the need to move on to something else worse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.