can't stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by kayla19, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayla19

kayla19 Well-Known Member

well maybe it's not that i can't stop, but i don't want to. i started cutting like 6 or 7 years ago and i suppose i have gone through phases during those years and have had significant chunks of time where i didn't do it. but right now i just can't seem to get enough. i've always had a preferred method, but today i tried something different and i think it's going to be very dangerous for me. i know it's bad. i know i shouldn't do it. i know there are alternatives that i should try.

...but i don't want to...

am i ever going to grow out of this? am i ever going to stop wrecking my body every way i possibly can? am i ever going to want to stop?

2. Denikin

Denikin Well-Known Member

Do you know why you do it? In what circumstances do you SI? Maybe solving your actual problems would be more efficient to stop it. As you said, you stopped several times this way.

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Do you have anything else that helps you to cope? (Like music, art, anything that involves emotions?)

4. kayla19

kayla19 Well-Known Member

i do it for a few reasons. sometimes it's for the release, sometimes it's for the pain, and sometimes i just need to see blood. i guess right now i just feel like it's the only thing that will get me through the day. i've tried other things to cope, but none of them work as well as cutting. i don't know, it just all seems so hopeless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.