Can't stop...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ravenwing, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

I'm a real mess. I'm sitting here with my hand a bloody mess. I've talked to my doctor and got told told to squeeze a stress ball to help. Which did absolutely nothing. But I have no other way to cope with how I'm feeling and I don't know what to do.

2. tappa

tappa Well-Known Member

hey i realy hope u gt some attention for ur hand.
    ur doc is rite in tht u need to find other ways to express all this emotion.
    have u ever tried holding ice cubes or snappin elastic bands on ur wrists.
    things like this give u tht pain without the lasting damage

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling so much pain I think you need to get out of the room you harm in i think throwing away your tool to cut would help Pick up the phone and call a friend get out okay. Go somewhere be with someone do not sit with the pain alone hugs

4. Ravenwing

I can't use elastic bands because I am allergic to latex. The other problem is that if I have nothing to cut with, I will just scratch and scratch at my hands until the skin is so broken it bleeds. Either that or I will pull clumps of my haor out. It feels like it is the only control I have in my life. The only way to let out a little bit of what I am feeling.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Maybe you need medical attention and should go to an ER...J

6. Ravenwing

My friend, who is a nurse, has been and dressed my hand for me. I have an appointment with my Psych doctor in a few days.

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Good to hear and I forgot to write that there are latex-free bandaids...J

8. Ravenwing

I will have to look for some. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.