Cant take another year of this...

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by Someone, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone Active Member

Things use to be all good until year 10 hit. That was the year EVERYTHING changed, different classes, different people. I'm in Year 11 now, worst 2 years of my life.
    Not a day passes without me getting punched down and taken to the floor by 5 guys at once, I feel as if I'm starting to snap. Its all fun and games to them, I dont do jack shit to protect myself, except sit there and wait for them to get off..
    Loads of people have no idea of this shit happening in school, everyone sucks up to adults behind their backs.. Truth is kids are just cruel, supernaturally cruel, Im ssure some people know what Im talking about.
    Everyone says its time to "BE A MAN!"...BS
    Some days you just want to cry and fade away, but the hate'll never fade, hate seems to go on forever, its the only real thing left.
    They all like to see you fighting back the tears, getting a lump in your throat, blushing, going to cry.. Every single day, Every single fucking day. Im always waiting for the next attack. Girls are the same... "Loser, ******, weirdo, retard, spaz, shitface" you start to believe them.
    After a while you only think of 1 way outta this... Jonesboro, Redlake, Columbine.. :sad:
    Im 16, Ive never had a girlfriend, hardly have any friends, even when Im online nights go past without me typing anything to anyone, it really hurts.
    Ive got GCSE Exams in summer, Im scared as hell about them to. Im only a C/D student.
  2. odin93

odin93 Guest

Awh that really sucks, hope everything gets better for ya, im sure it will, just need to get out of that shit place and go somewhere else. if you ever need to talk just add me on msn (
  3. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that man,i know what you are going through...I am here too if you ever want to talk
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

5. notknown

notknown Member

That's crap man. Those freakos are no better than anyone else. Solution ? I don't know tbh. I, as a 16yo student, know that it's not easy to tell it to the adults. <mod edit: bunny - against the guidelines>
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  6. Sylvester

Sylvester Member

I have to say, I have endured a lot of bullying in my life. My high school years were really bad in some ways. I was targeted by a bunch of punks, especially early on.
    The best thing that happened to me was band. I joined the band in 6th grade, after a guy asked me to. He was a jerk, but I found real friends of both sexes. Only the trombone section had 2 bullies in it, and I could ignore them.

The time I was in band almost made up for the abuse of physical education and waiting for the school bus. I took up saxophone, which had a big, heavy case. I learned how to swing it. (that jerk I spoke about tried to hurt me with his case, so I swung back)

It really helps to single out a teacher that looks sympathetic. It helps even more, if you are male to find a male teacher or a male alliance with one school-mate.
    Still, try not to find yourself alone too often. I remember being cornered - but I was pretty clever. I never got beat up, really.

When I got to college, I learned how to take care of problems by over-kill. I went to the president of the uni - straight to the top.
    If you want to use what is happening to you as a "cause celebre," you may try going to the principal/headmaster and very firmly state your case.

What is happening is not to be tolerated in a school environment, and it is the job of the top administrators to do something about it. If it fails, repeat. Show up every day in the principal's office if necessary, until you are taken very seriously.

I found that worked wonders. I was noticed, and looked after well.

best of luck.
  7. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

i can really identify with your situation. i used to live in fear of going to school because of the bullying was so bad. somehow these bullys thrive on the fear they create. the best thing is to try and deny them that. you have a lot of support here in the forum, and you can always PM me. i know a guy around your age in UK who would be happy to chat with you also. there are good people around who care about you and are here for support. thank you for bringing your situation to light, keep sharing and stay in touch
  8. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Why don't you fight back? Don't feel like you have to 'go along with their games' or feel self conscious about taking a stand. Who cares if they don't expect it, or say something like 'We were only fooling around dickhead'. Don't feel bad about it. Fight back man. Even if you are weaker than them. Pick ONE of them and let loose. The next day, if it happens again focus on the one guy again. He'll get the message and stop. Then focus one ONE of them again etc etc. You owe it to yourself to fight back
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

if you wanna talk, feel free to pm me :hug:
  10. someone_

someone_ Active Member

Our nickname is nearly identical and I had a kinda similar experience... I was attacked a lot, but not physically (except the attempt to kill me of course). Verbally and it involved people I loved which made it worse than physical for me because it really makes you feel shitty and suffocated inside. At one point my "friend" at the time arranged for me to be killed. Yeah... it was supposed to happen after school and I would've been dead if it weren't for someone who knew about it and went to the principal.

I couldn't take a day. I thought about killing myself every single day and couldn't get myself out of bed. I know exactly what you're talking about... hell when I heard about that popular school shooting (two outcasts shot their classmates), I didn't blame them. I could totally see me doing the same if I knew I could get away with it.

Guess what though? Even though I have my own personal issues right now, eventually that particular shit DID end. It's insignificant in the long run. It's never a good memory but it's up to you if you make the present moments have a lasting effect on you. My mistake was letting those fuckers in, that's why my overall personality is more obnoxious right now. I wasn't doing well regardless of the bullying and I let it show. I let them see I was weak from the inside. Funny thing is that I had a stronger, more atlethic build than most of them and yet my eyes made my a target.

You have to appear stronger and happier. Don't give them the satisfaction they're getting to you. The best advice I could give you though is to leave school and do what it takes for that, even if it means taking a long bus every morning. Then at the new school you could start over without ever showing you're volulernable in the first place. It's not like I'm telling you to escape reality or something... sometimes facing reality brings damage and nothing more. If it's a group of like 15 people, you can't beat them. If it's absolutely impossible to move, ask to go to a different class. Again, new image's up to you... Now this might sound stereotypical but if you work on getting into a harder/"smarter" class, the students will probably be more serious as well. If THAT can't work, go to the principal. Sometimes it can help... especially if he/she is strongly against this shit.

Whatever you do... remember you're 16 and free in 2 years. Don't let anyone ruin it. I hope my advice helped... of course you could mix it up with whatever makes you happy.. I'm obsessed with music so I really wish I had songs like Korn's "Thoughtless" or even Mariah Carey's "Can't Take That Away" (hey, her only decent song) at the time. They talk about this exact issue. Don't let anyone kill you from the inside. Remember... HAVE a life. It's not fun to be a senior and viewing everyone's Facebooks/myspaces and seeing how you wasted time. Not that it's the end of the world but you know... don't let yourself go because of worthless losers. Get a part-time job so you won't totally hate people like I do. If I had someone telling me all of this back then, things would've been so much better right now.

Please update.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  11. Someone

Someone Active Member

Thanks for talking guys, things haven't really changed but I think I'm more able to endure this now. My plan is to just wait a couple of months until School finishes and then hope that Sixth Form will atleast be slightly enjoyable.

I'm a pretty quiet guy to people that I don't know.. A few people are quite alright when they're by themselves, but in groups they're like fucking animalistic barbarians at a feeding ground.
    But I've gotta control the urge to not smash things up, a couple of nights ago I spent about an hour smashing my old bike into the ground with a big hammer, fuck it felt good.
  12. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:arms: I'm sorry you need to go through that. I was bullied in school too, admittedly, not to the extent you were, but it was hard enough. Sixth form may be better, are you staying on at school or going to a separate college? I stayed on at school, it was the worse decision of my life but I'd rather go through them two years than to have to go through Years 7 - 11 again.

Most of the bullies went to a local college, I call it the drop out college because the 'students' there don't get all that great grades and are too focused on having a good time. :dry: Sixth form was a lonely two years. Everyone had already made friends with everyone else. Friendships had already grown, groups etc... all set. I didn't have anyone, which made it hard.

Another thing is bullies are cowards. When the numbers go down, if you saw one of the bullies on their own, chances are they'll leave you alone. I had to get a bus to and from school each day, after school I'd wait at the bus stop and one of the guys walked past the bus stop on his own every day. He had to have seen me, he walked right past, didn't say anything. I don't know what I felt more - anger for his blatant cowardness or relief he didn't do or say anything.

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps it's best you get a fresh start away from school, and go to another college. Meet new people, a chance to make new friends. Everyone's not a jerk. :arms:
  13. DrownedGirl

DrownedGirl Well-Known Member

14. Someone

Someone Active Member

Thanks, yeah I'm going to a different college.. No way am I going to spend an EXTRA 2 years in that shithole.
  15. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

I'm trying to overcome this by becoming a total psycopath myself. I have followed and stalked people recently to scare the shit out of them . This one guy(who would often laugh at me and make fun of me when he's with his gang) was at first grinning at me but when he saw me following him for quite some time he got so scared that he was looking behind every 2-3 minutes. He was probably thinking that I would rape him or something. good i like that reputation(not that i am such a disgusting human being but its better if such bastards think that about me).:laugh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.