Can't take it anymore...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TJs, Oct 11, 2016.

1. TJs

TJs Member

Every day just gets harder. I can't help but harm myself. Like it's punishment for my problems. I always think about ending it but I can't leave my son. He's all I have. It's so hard to hide my pain from him. I want him to know that Daddy is okay but it's so hard to pretend. I try holding everything back but it always breaks through and it won't stop. I have no one to talk to about anything. That's what makes this worse. I talk to myself and I tell myself to keep harming me.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. Hugs. Are you getting any professional help? What about using distractions such as ice or an elastic band?

electricalanomaly likes this.
  3. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

I will talk, to you whats going on , that has you so stressed out.

4. TJs

TJs Member

I have really bad social anxiety so it's difficult to push mysslf to see someone. I try to distract myself but it's very difficult.

5. TJs

TJs Member

Just a lot that has happened the past few years.

6. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

I would love to hear all about it. Have you posted your story somewhere already?

7. electricalanomaly

electricalanomaly too sad to say hi.

Please make an appointment to see your primary care physician to get a referral to see a therapist and or psychiatrist. It would help to get a physical check up and see if there is anything that may contribute to your feelings? Disorders such as hypothyroidism causes depression, Hyperthyroidism in my case causes severe anxiety, irritability ect. These are easily correctable with medication or diet change.

I remember prior to attempting suicide almost 20 years ago, I've had an unstoppable negative thought process in my head. It contributed to nothing but anxiety and conclusion that I can no longer continue on. My suicide attempt failed and I was given a 2nd chance in life with the help of Police officers, mental health workers, doctors, nurses, therapist, psychiatrist. I'll never forget their kindness and genuine offer of help.

To a depressed brain, simple things such as calling your doctor to make an appointment seems like an insurmountable task. It's a rather quick process to be honest. :) Take care of yourself, and you need to this for your son as well.