Can't take it anymore!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Silbermondlicht0, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silbermondlicht0

Silbermondlicht0 New Member

I am so very close to ending it all. I don't want to die but I don't have any other choice, I was fired from my job after I wrote a letter asking for time off to get my precancerous cells taken care of. I've been unemployed for the past 8 months and I've applied to over 300 places with no call backs. I am broke and I've applied for disability but I was denied. My bills are overdue and I am currently staying with my military boyfriend in the barracks but if they find out I am here I will be kicked out and I will end up on the streets. (He can only do so much because he doesn't make that much) I was involved in an accident where a man backed into my car and totaled it, I was 6 weeks pregnant and I had a miscarriage because of the accident. The guy took off before the police came. I have no health insurance, I have no money for food or clothes and I don't qualify for any assistance. I don't know where to turn and I am tired of people telling me "it will get better" because it has been 8 months with no luck at all. I've tried asking my family for help but they won't help me. I've begged to get my job back but they have replaced me, I don't know where to turn and if it doesn't get any better I am going to commit suicide no matter what anyone tells me.
  2. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

SilbermondlichtO, welcome to our forums. I was reading your post here, and I want to say sorry for all that has happened to you recently. Having a micarriage, an accident, and precancerous cells is by itself very hard to carry if it was but one. Add to that that you maybe homeless, and that your family will not take you in, and there is no social program so far that is helping you. And I know it must feel awful that you tried 300 times to get employment, and there has been no response. I know you qualify for food stamps. But I know there is help for you out there. You may want to write your mother a letter and tell her what you have told us, and what you are thinking, maybe when she sees your feelings, she'll maybe have a change of heart and will take you back.

This is your life you are fighting for.
    This might be a chance to get help. Call 911, and tell them that you are suicidal. Tell them what you are thinking. They will have to take you to the emergency room. They will let you see a psychiatrist, and perhaps you will be admitted into a mental hospital. You might be there for a while. Because you have no income, a social worker will apply for medicaid for you, and through medicaid, you will get aid, food stamps, even money.
    When you are about to be discharged, ask about a half way house for discharged patients, if they have not brought it up. Social workers work full time taking care of patients needs who are about to be discharged, things like housing, etc. They might be able to help you get an apartment and employment later down the line.

A stay in a hospital for these feelings, can be a beginning of getting aid from the government.
    I pray for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.