can't take much more

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by scrabble, May 5, 2016.

1. scrabble

scrabble New Member

I am sick and tired of everything and just want someone, anyone to talk to. I have no friends and cannot get a job in my area as everyone wants to live here - a supposedly 'nice' area (not to me it isn't) and little available work except care work, which I don't want. I do volunteer part-time but don't enjoy it. Most people ignore me including the management who regard me as something on their shoe. It's a horrible place. I want to leave, just not turn up any more, but what would I do for a reference? in any case you need references for further volunteering elsewhere, ridiculous! I would give anything to move away but haven't got the funds. I don't feel I am a worthwhile person, I can't be if I'm treated like this. I was happy years ago. What is the point in carrying on.
  2. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

I am sorry you are feeling so isolated and unappreciated. What volunteer work do you do? I admire you for volunteering, even more so because you stuck it out when you don't enjoy it. Is there another kind of volunteer work you could do that you might enjoy more? What about things for yourself you enjoy think back to when you were a child, what did you love to spend time doing?
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi, and welcome to the forum @scrabble

I'm sorry you're feeling so isolated and that you're not treated well.
    How long do you have to stay there to get the reference you need? If it's not too long, perhaps stick it out and search for somewhere better in the meantime? That might help you hold on?

As for friends, it can be tough to make friends; have you considered joining a social or a sports club? Something you're interested in? It's a lot easier to make friends if you have common interests.

I hope you find some support on this forum or the chat rooms, and know my inbox is always open!
    Quya likes this.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. I am saddened by your post. You are doing some volunteering and that is a positive thing in my book. Not many people in this day and age do such a commendable duty. If the management don't realise that, the they are very complacent in their thinking. You a member of the human race and deserve to treated with respect. I would check elsewhere if you need references for other volunteering organisation.

Personally, I would get another volunteering job elsewhere and no longer go to the other place. If they realise your worth, then will be timing you. I am no qualified doctor but I feel you suffering from low self-esteem issues which understandable in your current situation. You have not done anything wrong, so please refrain from doing anything.

Let's turn the situation around. Just think there is another person who is willing YOU time to talk and HELP YOU in your current situation. You will be in my thoughts today and knowing that I hope I give YOU a reason to live another day. I know your are hurting but please free to email on the forum if you to tak in private.

We really care about YOU, so please from the bottom of my heart, keep posting as its good to talk and most important be safe.

We I'll never meet but just think someone in thus vast world does care and willingly wants to help to regain your happiness.