cant take much more

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thegameksk, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegameksk

thegameksk New Member

My life is falling apart. First in April my mother passed away after a long battle with lung cancer. God that was so rough. Now I find out my financial aid is being taken away when all I need to graduate are 2 classes. I cant get a private loan to finance it so im going to be leaving school without a degree and in a shitload of debt. I wanna die

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi, Sorry to hear your in such a bad place. They took away a major portion of my financial mid stream and I freaked out. They ended up making other lenders available to us but it was not easy and it was very scary.
    I am sorry to hear about your mom too, you are going through a lot right now so your feelings are understandable.

Do you have any support? Family, friends or therapist? You will find much understanding here so stick around and keep posting we are here for you.

B

3. thegameksk

thegameksk New Member

I have support but I owe so much in loans and I dont even have my degree so now idk what to do.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Maybe take a year out, work..then go back and get your degree? :dunno:

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Have you spoken to financial aid offices to see and explained to them how close you are? They have a lot invested in you and it is to their advantage that you get a degree, it makes them look good-remind them of that!
    Do worry about the money it all works out...we all come out owing tons! They make it easy to repay so don't worry about that ...it works out too as they make that part easy.

B

6. thegameksk

thegameksk New Member

Ive spoken to them. My school was auddited because they werent giving financial aid out correctly. Due to this a ton of kids lost access to federal aid and im one of the,. My only option is a private loan which I cant get because no one I know has good credit to cosign it for me. So im totally screwed.

7. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Sorry about your mom. Are there any scholarships you could apply for?

8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. What about what someone else suggested taken time to work and then going back? Maybe take one class and work? It is hard as I had to do it. maybe even another school? I know itis a lot of paperwork to deal with but you've come this far. What were you studying if I may ask?

9. thegameksk

thegameksk New Member

My major is history. I want to work for the board of ed or in higher ed administration.

10. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

That is very noble work. Where are you ? In the US? sounds like it..if so we need more teachers for sure...maybe you can take the classes at a junior college?
    B

11. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Only two classes? Can you get a day job and finish them at night paying for them yourself? So close there must be some way of pulling it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.