Can't take this anymore-break down

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by toffeekitten, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in the school library crying atm.
    I harmed in school yesterday
    Im starving myself, have been for the last 10 days
    Iv'e been down constantly
    My suicidal thoughts have returned
    I can't focus on anything
    This can't continue! and yet what the hell do i do about it?! my Dr won't help me, and my counsellor said she isnt too worried about my eating and hasnt even mentioned depression. What on earth is this if not depression?!
    Why won't they help me?!
    What can I do? Other than give up. I'm literally falling apart and yet no-one who can help will. My friends are trying but they can only do so much. And I've just been told that I'm starting a timed exam thing in music today which is really important and I feel completly unprepared for it! And I'm having a break down today which really doesn't bode well for me doing my best! Arghhh! What do I do? need advice asap please.
    I'm a real mess at the moment. :'(

2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

sorry you're in so much pain but glad you're reaching out

sometimes the hardest thing to do with counselors and therapists is to get them to understand - some may pick up on hints, but it's usually best to be direct

have you simply told/shown them that you have self harmed and that you are having suicidal thoughts?

if that doesn't work, call a crisis line and talk to someone there

hope this helps

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey time to reach out and get help for you okay stop the pain and the sadness get a hold of the councillor and set up therapy for you. Get a hold of your doctor and get on meds to stop these thoughts You can do this reach out and start healing NOW okay do it now get a hold of crisis line call them and tell them you need help NOW

4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

counselors dont always get to the root of the problem, they could get caught up in details, have they asked why you arent eating? they might not realize that the eating disorder is a symptom of something deeper, you might want to bring that up next time you talk

5. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies...yes I have told them directly and yes they have asked me why I'm starving myself and I have told them. My CPN understands and she said that is why she isn't too worried about it. :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.