Cant think of a trigger, all i know is im planning it :(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Landlocked blues, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

I have no idea whats happened. I was so happy today. I have been planning a trip home to visit a mate so today has been a good day. planning my suicide. I dont know when im going to do it yet, all i know is i dont want to live anymore. Im realy confused as i was so happy earlier and iv switched so quickly. Iv gone from feeling happy and amazing to tired and depressed in like an hour with no apparent trigger. i am bipolar but dont you normally have a trigger? Im really confused right now :( Does anyone else ever get this?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

NO no triggers a necessary your chemicals inside your brain are off abit. YOu need to talk to your doctor and get meds changed up a bit or an add on Call now okay get it undercontrol thoughts thats all they are thoughts and no need to listen to them or do anything but get help okay so the thoughts go away.
  3. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I get that, i'll be thinking i feel ok a bit happier than usual, then before i know it i'll feel shit again and i'm back to planning. There is never usually a trigger.

If you were not feeling suicidal earlier when you was feeling happy, do you think your meds are doing there job?

I think you should keep planning that trip to see your mate, it'll probably do you some good. I hope you make it back to feeling happy.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm bipolar too. it's a really rough disease to live with. sometimes there are triggers, sometimes not. sometimes it's a brain chemistry thing.

in cbt (cognitive behavioural therapy) they teach us about "hot thoughts" ... sometimes there is a belief or thought floating around immediately before you start to notice that you are feeling suicidal. for me they often center around thinking of being abused, feeling ashamed or to blame in some way. think back to when you first noticed feeling suicidal again. what were you thinking? once you notice the hot thought you can try and step back a little and apply some logic (in my case i try and tell myself that no kid deserves to be abused). it helps take the sting out of the original thought.

how are you feeling tonight? hope a bit better. sending a big hug, if okay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.