can't think of an appropriate title

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mordin_freeman, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mordin_freeman

mordin_freeman New Member

First off, sorry for not being descriptive in the title. Basically I felt like killing myself after failing math. My marks aren't even all that bad in general.

My average is usually around an 85% and my marks are usually low 90s and high eighties with the occasional seventy something. Finishing final year of high school, and my average will be around an 88 or so, but with no math I can't get anywhere in life.

I only need grade 11 to be able to apply to university, but I don't think I can do it.

I don't really know what to do, and I can't stand the thought of being a failure in life.

In short I would rather die than live with this constant feeling of failure all my life.

p.s. I can't talk to my friends or family about this because they wouldn't take it seriously
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

If it's purely down to getting grades and the pressure of education, have you spoken to your teachers about it? You don't have to say that you're feeling this bad - unless you feel comfortable in doing so - but maybe you could ask about extra tutoring and educational help, or other options if university is not on.

I dropped out of university with depression. I, like many of my generation - and I believe this is true of both Brits and you guys on the other side of the pond - was presented with university as the only viable option to get ahead in life. And whilst it can certainly be a help, it is not for everyone, and nor does it necessarily bring you the grades, success, or happiness you expect.

Think it over - I have to go to bed - it being 0230AM here - but I do sympathise and empathise with your feelings of fear of faliure academically. I'd be more than happy to talk with you in the near future if you can hold on that long, I'd keep on now, but my responses will not be rational or as helpful for you.

Feel free to drop me a PM
  3. mordin_freeman

mordin_freeman New Member

Haha, thanks man. Don't worry I wouldn't kill myself until the end of the school year (not going to waste a free education), and still a ways to go until I have completely failed (hopefully I don't).

Most of my teachers really love me (even the ones whose classes I did not do well in), but since I failed math in school I try to take it online. You can't really get much extra help in an independent learning course, and my last two actual math teachers were away half the time.

Partly my need to go to university is based on the fact that my parent runs a school, and she looks down on those who fail because of laziness.

Anyways thanks for the response!
  4. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

I want you to know that you should always try your best at school. And when you succeed , you should post your success here because we will celebrate for you. You should know that we do care about your success at school. If you have emotional difficulties studying, please post here and we will do our best to help you overcome those problems because you deserve a good education for your future success in life.

Now go on and study with confidence. Study for your bright future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.