Can't wait

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Butterfly, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

To finally shut myself away from the world next week. I just want to stay hiding under the covers and not move for the rest of eternity.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

That sounds lovely, it really does. But I hope you will not really hide forever?

3. Butterfly

I just don't want to face the world anymore :(

4. windlepoons

It is not a nice world sometimes, I must agree. What in particular do you want to avoid?

5. Butterfly

Everything. If I pretend I don't exist then nothing can hurt me, nothing can trigger me, no one can hurt me.

6. windlepoons

While you are hiding, what else will you do? Will you be trying to help yourself somehow?

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

We all deal with things in our own ways, but I find that isolation and idle time often only seem to make situations/feelings worse. The only way that I deal with the most horrible of things in life that I must face is by going at them head on. If I can occupy myself (and my mind) with enough positive activity, it's like taking a baseball bat and totally pummeling the bad stuff into the ground. As I said, we all find our own ways to cope - NOBODY is immune from feeling down - I hope that whatever you choose works well for you, but remember that a well laid plan for wellness has steps and actions that act as milestone markers along your journey's way.

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Can you make sure you do not isolate yourself from people who care about you? I will send a TeddyBear to remind you if you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.