Capital key on keyboard

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Tam, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

This is just a pointless rant because I'm totally fed up with whoever invented computer keyboards. They obviously were not a typist, because they've put the shift key in such a stupid place that you inevitably hit Ctrl and end up with all sorts of stupid things happening on the screen and the last thing you get is the capital letter you were aiming for in the first place.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! (And THAT was written in caps lock.)

2. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

:crash:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hey I knew that emoticon would come in handy one day, wish I'd remembered it. Thanks!!!

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The shift key works for me.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:throw:

6. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Yeah!!! I like that one too.

7. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Left shift or right shift, out of interest?

I always use left shift on full keyboards, but found that its easier for me to use right shift on the laptop (just because of how i type i guess)...

Alternative, rip out the offending ctrl key, and use the other one if you have to use ctrl :tongue:

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry hun but I cant really relate. It's hard to screw up the keyboard when you basically only use 1 or sometimes when I feel real daring, 2 fingers to type with. What I usually have a hard time with is the tab right over the Caps Lock button. Even 1 finger I can usually screw that up. Then I use 1 completely different finger to show the computer how pissed off I am!!!! Modern technology....... :censored:

9. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

You know, I can just imagine that scene! It's got me rolling around now (pretend emoticon for belly laugh).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.