Caregiver and silent sufferer

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by crunchie, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

While I suffer in silence, contemplate my death quietly, and cut myself when no one can see, my roommate is the complete opposite. Tonight she was in the shower crying, and I went into the shower to try and calm her, and console her. She is very open about being in misery, she loudly discusses taking antidepressants, and went to see a psychiatrist the moment she started feeling down. She actively talks about wanting to die, but that she will never act on it because of her family. I have been as supportive as I can, I have broken my wall to provide intimacy and physical closeness to hug her when she needs it, and she has cried on my shoulders. I am not sure what more I can do for her.. It is difficult for me to know how to behave, and what kind of support to give, as we are so completely different. I need silence, and to be alone when I´m down.

Right now this may not have been something I needed, but I have to be there for her. Does anyone have the same personality traits as her, and might be able to guide me to what kind of help I can give her?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just be silent hun and let her vent she just needs someone to hear her and to let her know she will be ok hugs to you

3. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

Thank you.. I listened, and fed her. I have hugged her, and held her. She seems to feel better now, but I´m staying home with her.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu need to look after YOU too hun or you will be no good to anyone ok hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.