case of major depression

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Poowy, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poowy

Poowy Member

I open up a topic in order to find some help.

My boyfriend has a major depression for years (since childhood). He tried a lot of things, psychiatrist, having a good job, a love life, getting invest in his passion, but it's getting worse and worse every weeks.

Since a few months, he just survive, I don't even know how. Since a few years, maybe 2, I don't feel anything (no passion, no love, .. nothing, he just feel bad all the time).

I though that maybe talking to someone who were (or still is) in that situation could help me. At this point, he don't even want helps. I tried to convince him to call a suicide hotline, but I don't want too. I called a clinic for taking an appointment but I think he won't do it.

Any of you are in this situation? I know he have to do a doctor, probably get some medication, but if I can't convince him to go, I can't do nothing.

So, if someone he's willing to talk to him, it would be great. I know that he should do the one asking this, but again, he won't, so I do it. So if anyone who take medication, and that help you, or anyone with a major depression want to talk to him, or me, I would be more than happy.
  2. damselfly

damselfly Member

Is it possible to get the doctor/psychologist to come to your boyfriend?
  3. damselfly

damselfly Member

sorry double post! how do i delete the copy??
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  4. Poowy

Poowy Member

It's kinda difficult. If he don't want to go or don't believe in it, it won't work. You have to commit yourself in a therapy, other way, it's just a waste of time.
  5. Leolsrik

Leolsrik Well-Known Member

While I'm not someone who can help you, there are definitely plenty of people here who can. But you'd probably need him to come and share his own feelings first, either by making a thread or by going to the chat room.

Also, if he's not even willing to try to get help, it might be necessary to get him on antidepressants before anything else can be done. They're not so much a "cure" for depression as a means of escaping hopelessness and lethargy, which is necessary for therapy to work.

(Or so I've read about. Never actually been on antidepressants. So, to anyone who has been / still is, please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.