Catching on

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Obnoxiously_Pretentious, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Obnoxiously_Pretentious

Obnoxiously_Pretentious Active Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I slipped. I got interupted writing a PM to a friend on SF so I sent what I wrote already to myself in an email to finish later (don't know if I can save drafts on this board). Although I was quick to delete the message from my inbox, I completely forgot about the one in my sent folder and my snoopy dad found it. Obviously he was concerned and started asking me if I was alright and what "SF" stood for. I'm thanking my lucky stars I didn't write out the full name or he would have had a heart attack. I don't know how to explain things to him without giving myself away. I've been feeling pretty good for the past few months so I don't see any reason to get any help at the moment. If I'm forced treatment instead of seeking it on my own, I'll probably resent and resist it. I know I should make the best of it to get better, but the last time my dad pushed me onto a therapist, I was too pissed off to tell her anything. Now I'm in full panic mode. I can only hope he drops it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can only hope you get some help for you then and to be honest with your father who loves you and cares. I am glad you are feeling better now though but it wouldn't hurt to have someone in line to help you if you do get depressed again hugs

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Oh my gosh. My parents finding out about SF is my worst nightmare; they love me, yes, like your dad hopefully does. I can only hope my parents don't have access to my e-mail. I worry about it and change my passwords for accounts (social networking, e-mail, etc.) frequently.

Wish you had more privacy. I have been mostly fine for a few months as well, and my mom would probably almost have a heart attack too if she saw me using this website and didn't know what it was for.

I'm so sorry your dad found out, and most of me wants to think that he will not be too hard on you about how you're feeling. Just tough love from a dad, hopefully :hugtackles: