Cat's in the Cradle

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by NYJmpMaster, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Me too hun empty nest syndrome blah

3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Before I opened this thread I immediately heard the song in my head. I think we as parents have done the best we could by our children. It is so much more difficult in todays society to spend as much time together as a family as in years past. Today we need the time to be measured by quality versus quantity. Being a single parent I missed out on so many of my childrens things, but I needed to do so in order to keep a roof over their head and food in their tummies. I just pray they don't resent me for the choices I made.

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Thanks Wastingecho - not as common but a beautiful song

6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

lovely song:)

thanks...

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Harry Chapin used to live around the corner from me when he was in NY and there is a playground for kids funded by his family upon his death...what lovely people and such a talented and thoughtful man. His first exposure to singing was in The Brooklyn Boys Choir and there is a music program established there in his honor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  8. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

when i was in college, i ran a spotlight for him at a charity concert a couple of weeks before he died - came in through the main lobby instead of the stage door - wife-to-be was an usher - kissed her hand on the way in

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

How lovely Echo...he was a really caring soul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.