Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I feel caught between trying to deal with the emotions, from when I was essentially forced to retire, and keeping them undercover. When I try to deal with the emotions, I run the risk of actively becoming suicidal and definitely the risk of burning myself. If I try to keep the emotions undercover, I am constantly paralyzed in terms of moving forward. The emotions are definitely becoming felt more often If I want to or not. Wonder if I can control my actions this time. I am finding myself wanting to SI and saying I want to die. While the suicidal feelings are manageable, the desire to SI is very strong.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you can fight the urge can you distract yourself by going for a walk, taking a nice warm bath anything. Are you able to do any volunteer work that will help you feel better Being forced to retire that is a definite blow when your not ready but volunteering somewhere will help keep you busy and you will feel better about things. Please don't hurt yourself look into some programs where you can help others out take care please Keep us posted on how your doing Is there anyway you can work part time say call ins if needed just a thought
  3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there..
    i know what u mean about SI being a really strong feeling - stronger than ending it alot of the time.. if u ever fancy a chat feel free 2 pm me..
    i SI and it would b good 2 talk openly about it with some1 that feels the same.. mabye we can help each other..
    all the best :hug:
  4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey GA,

I read somewhere that a person is more at risk of suicide when they are actually getting better. As I remember, the reasoning behind this article was that once you regain some strength when you're getting better, you're more likely to hurt yourself than when you don't have the energy.

In other words, what I'm trying to say is that it means you're getting better and if you can only get over this initial speed bump, you can beat this thing! I know it is very difficult to do and it seems scary right now, but you can make it through. If you feel dangerously suicidal at any stage though, you should consider going to the hospital and stay for as long as it takes you to get over this tricky period.

Best of luck and take care!

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ga,

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling :(

Do you have any support from those around you?
    It's important to have someone to talk to.
    While the suicidal thoughts are manageable now, that might not be the case in the future,so please seek help from a doctor or counsellor :hug:

Wishing you the best x
  6. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.