cause I need it right now let me see your insides

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by emozillapwnsyourface, Feb 7, 2010.

1. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

People dont always make fun of me or say bad things about it. But when they do i dont let anyone else think it effects me, but honestly, I feel horrible. Especially when someone makes fun of how i look or my weight. I can shrug off someone making fun of how i dress, the music i listen to, stuff like that. But if its me, I cant handle it at all. I feel disgusting and ugly.
    Yeah I should ignore it, which i do. But it doesn't stop the pain :/
    I dunno.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

WHO makes fun of you? Fuck them!!! When they say something bad about you, shove it back out into their faces, TENFOLD. TENFOLD! Screw their feelings. They have no problem hurting YOUR feelings. They hurt your feelings to the point where you feel suicidal. < Mod Edit: Irishdoll, Inappropriate>

Make them PAY for your PAIN. You can't just stand side while some fucking douchebag makes fun at YOUR expense. And don't ignore them.

<Mod Edit,IrishDoll: Inappropriate>
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  3. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

But i`m the type that if i get in an argument or any situation like that, I feel like crying and i usually do. I cant let what i want to say out. Ill get speechless and motionless.
    Im not shy, but i don`t know how to defend my self. Ive been like this my whole life.
  4. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

Crystal, sounds like your describing my youth. A lot of people need to feel superior to others in order to feel good about themselves. Don't let them break you. You need to find ways to build your self confidence. Anything you can do to feel good and confident is needed. This is a very personal process because only you know what works for you. Once you have found some things to do then work at them a little every day. Go at a comfortable pace yet realize that you need to challeng yourself as well. Don't let a failure stop you there's always tomorrow to try again. Little by little you'll find yourself changing, as you progress you'll find that these people aren't bothering you as much, you will be reclaiming the power they had over you and they will be easier to ignore.
    Once they see they are losing power over you they will either start respecting you or stop bothering.
    I hope this dosen't sound preachy. It took me many years to realize this stuff but by then I had allowed so much damage to be done that my life is a terrible mess now.
    I really can identify with you and I hope this helps.
  5. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I reckon you do stand up to them, let them know their place. Do it in any way you think works for you. You have to find the strength or else it wont stop, ever.
  6. hurttoomuch

hurttoomuch Member

Isn't it sad that some get off by trying to feel superior by putting someone else down? I've found that those people are often insecure themselves. I found that saying "Why would you say such a thing?" :blink: or, "Why, is that a problem for you?" followed by a puzzled look like they lost their minds (& most certainly their manners) shuts most of them up. I find it unconscionable when people attack another personally.
  7. grim_manifestation

grim_manifestation Active Member

Hi, :new:

You mentioned in your post that you try to shrug it off or to ignore any comments that are made at your expense, yet it leaves you feeling hurt?

Have you tried the opposite? See, people are funny little things and are actually quite malleable and if you sternly pull them up with a serious tone of voice & say, "Oi, that hurts" or whatever feels right/appropriate to you, they usually will oblige. They just have to learn that its NOT okay to make those sorts of jokes about you.

I have worked out (through LOTS of trial & error) that a "Simple, but Stern" attitude tends to work really well whenever someone crosses that line - they just need me to point that line out to them and clearly mark it in the sand. Also, remember that this is a two-way street, well for people that matter to you anyway. Respect in Yourself and the same level of respect in others will beget more respect etc.

I also liked what jhhop said in regards to slowly but steadily building up your confidence in general, its a good feeling when you have it, and when you do, CRUSH anyone who dares to belittle You!! (Sensibly of course). Your confidence will back you up, Promise. :wink: