Celebrate your successes!

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Thanks to a suggestion from 'Nobody' we are inviting people to post about their successes in their day to day battle with their mental health issues, no success is too small to celebrate.

NB: We ask that you do not reply in a negative way to posts, if you do your reply will be deleted.

We look foward to hearing your success stories.

:grouphug: Hazel

Falcon0006

Getting a boy in my school who would of been classed as a looser in primary school to be friends with everyone in my school, and be popular in secondary school. that made me feel kind of good. I did the same in secondary school to three people next time, but it kind of sacrificed my own popularity as I left what would of been classed as the cool people. But heck can't put away the feeling of pulling the good people out of the gutter.

I broke up a fight today. I was going to a music store to price saxophones when a customer started threatening to sue the music store owner. The music store owner bowed up on the guy and was about to take a swing. I grabbed the customer by the shoulder and pushed him out of the store, then I talked with him and got him to calm down.

It's really weird, because I don't typically act like that, and I'm lucky that the customer didn't try to fight me instead. But everything seemed to work out fine and I feel pretty spiffy. :laugh:

cinZamurai

I broke up a fight today. I was going to a music store to price saxophones when a customer started threatening to sue the music store owner. The music store owner bowed up on the guy and was about to take a swing. I grabbed the customer by the shoulder and pushed him out of the store, then I talked with him and got him to calm down.

It's really weird, because I don't typically act like that, and I'm lucky that the customer didn't try to fight me instead. But everything seemed to work out fine and I feel pretty spiffy. :laugh:
Nice work Clockwork Reality that was awesome, not many would care to step in like that :smile:

poison

7th and 8th grade i was really suicidal and depressed... stuck it out and i'm here now in 9th grade. some things are going bad but i'm happy, i can't complain. school sucks and i'm doing crappy but i still have some time left in school... plus three more years of high school after freshman year. to all those people around my age group... just stick it out. things do get better and you'll be glad you didn't do it. there's no reason to kill yourself, no one truly wants you dead. i'm not saying live strictly for those around you, but things can always be worse just as they can always be better.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I started work again at the same place before I went into the hospital in Februrary. It's a family owned store so they had me back. I have split hours and don't work as much as I used to (9-14 hrs/week, 2-3 days a week). But still, I love this job. I only have to answer phone calls and take payments, but mostly just come and post on SF. How do you think my post count got so high? :laugh: Half of them are probably from being here at work.

But the better part of this story is the way that the teachers here have made me feel. Before the hospital, I had very long hair in my face and a huge beard. Recently, I got a haircut and shaved. So at first a couple teachers were like... Spencer? All surprised. Then they said how great it was to see me. One teacher in particular was always really nice, he gave me the biggest smile on my face when he expressed how good it was to see me back.

Being in a constant crisis I don't know how long this job will last. I never know how long anything will last. But for now, I am glad I'm here. I am also starting a partial hospitalization program next week that lasts 6 weeks so hopefully in that time period I can find out what I'm going to do with my life and if I'll be staying here. But anyway the main point of my post was that a teacher gave me a really big smile :D

Last edited by a moderator:

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
:laugh: spencer!! Get me a job there, I wanna get paid to post on SF :giggle:
:laugh:! I know! I hate that I had to leave! Otherwise I'd be making more money posting on SF :laugh:

If you move to CT you can have my job when I leave :tongue:. But until then... you can be jealous that right this very second I am making money while getting my SF post count higher :rofl:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I have managed to finally trust my T. and go on medication. I tried before but my mind kept fighting it. My mind is behaving now and the medication has calmed me down some. Trusting someone a big step for me but my doctor has proven to me he is trustworthy again and again. thanks for being patient and kind.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
My identical twin has been doing well for 6 mths now. She is in treatment and has stayed sober and she will be coming home soon. I pray when she comes home she will be able to stay well with just my support.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00