Celebrities among us

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by oval, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

Have you ever wondered if there are famous celebrities on here, using a different identity to communicate with you, so they can have an outlet? And no matter how much they want to trust you, they can't give out their real identity, because they know that such a leak to the public might destroy their image.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Interesting question; I actually have wondered if there were any famous people using the forum, I remember thinking that after Robin Williams died. Celebrities lifes are hectic and very unstable so it wouldn't surprise me if there was famous people on here. I's great to wonder...but we'll never know I guess! Thanks for posting :)

3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I know of one person who is fairly famous and I guess they are a celebrity, but not world renowned, just in their field. They only confided in me as I wanted some info on data relating to their field and they shared with me privately and it checked out. Obviously I kept that paragraph very discreet, sorry lol.

I suppose celebrities would be able to access better care than most of us here. Money opens a lot of doors in an industry which is highly privatised and has a lot of stigma attached to it. But, maybe there are some big celebs here on SF, you never know. Hello to any celebs out there using SF!

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Honestly, yes, this question has crossed my mind.

I think being famous must be tremendously difficult...being in the spotlight a lot, being expected to be happy because of one's "success", being expected to be "on" for fans. And people not respecting a need for privacy and quiet, not understanding that "having it all" (or seeming to) doesn't mean one is necessarily happy, and not realizing the personal toll it can take to be "on" for fans.

If there are celebrities here, maybe it's good we don't know...Maybe this is a quiet refuge for them as it is for those of us (like me :p) who are not celebrities.

At least I hope it is a quiet refuge for people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.