Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by TLA, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

WHY is the life of a celebrity a top story of the news??? I am enjoying a good belly laugh for Paris Hilton going to jail...45 days. Will believe it when it happens. I am not sure what to think of this world sometimes. :confused:
    What do you think?

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

I'm suprised they didn't let Paris pay her way out of the 45 day jail sentence.

But at the same time I'm happy they didn't. Just because one is a celebrity or is rich doesn't mean they should get away with the same shit a hell of alot of other people DON'T get away with! Sometimes it happens though..where they pay their way out, this time it didn't..sucks to be u Paris! :laugh:

and yeah TLA I think I still have to see it to believe it too *lol*
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't read or buy those magazines or newspapers and don't have tv so don't hear it, but I see the magazine covers at the store and it just BORES THE SHIT OUT OF ME, besides irritating me reading headlines about their "problems". Blah blah blah...:dry:

WHo gives a shit, really??:blink:

bored by stupid rich people
  4. I wonder if the media will try to create a reality television show about Paris Hilton being in jail.
  5. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I hadn't even heard about this, so I just looked it up on the BBC News site.

45 days in prison might knock some sense into her. People should never drink drive.

You seen the South Park episode where she tries to buy Butters? :wink:
  6. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

So we can feel like people who are filthy rich sometimes have to suffer? Even though she probably won't go to jail . . . .
  7. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

Celebrities are "exciting" to people because these people have more money than they know what to do with and their lives are more exciting than the normal humdrum everyday life that us "common folk" experience. So people want to be close to celebrities, to be close to the excitement and they want to know what is going on so they can feel like they are apart of that life themselves.
    It's like watching a car crash, you don't want to look away because people like Paris Hilton or britney spears do and say some hilariously stupid things. It gives us the ability to feel intellectually and moraly superior to these people.

But it's also sad that real news stories get tuned out for the hapless droning of whether Lindsay Lohan is on or off the wagon.

But I really hope Paris does serve her sentence, there is a chance she will as the courts and the governator himself will probably want to make an example that nobody is above the law.
  8. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

Personally I believe they're in the news so people go all like ┬┤oh, look at them with so much money, hope I can be like that some day' to make people think that their life is nothing about hard work to get to the top... And it's working, people think they need to work hard to be happy; it's bullcrap... Okay, before I start ranting, I'll end this post. :)

9. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

The petition to keep paris hilton in jail. Signatures: 59,568
    The petition to keep her out of jail. Signatures 25,480
    Sorry but...HA HA HA
  10. Renaud

Renaud Member

Heh, that's the question I always ask myself whenever I see a cover of common magazine.
    It's just damn hard to understand how people can read such stories again and again when they themselves can create (usually by quite little efforts) and live much more interesting life than those dull celebrities :mad:
  11. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I'm miffed that Paris Hilton going to jail is deemed worthy of international news coverage. :confused:
  12. I just heard the news about Paris last night. Now tonight she will be on Larry King live to tell her side of the story, which I know absolutely nothing about.

For all this news I do not care.
    You can love them....
    You can hate them....
    Some will simply tolerate them.
    Celebrities are always there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.