*censored according to AUP*

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cariad_Bach, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I always thought the name of this forum was interesting. Suicidal thoughts and feelings. How to talk about them without breaching rules?

I am having suicidal thoughts. I am having suicidal feelings.

I feel sad. So sad. I feel like life is too hard. The things I longed for when I had nothing, they haven't stopped the sadness.

I think about what to do. I drive my car and imagine. I take my daily medication and I imagine. I prepare food and I imagine. I cross a road and I imagine.

Eventually I stop doing. I just imagine.

My suicidal thoughts and feelings.
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

What do you think needs to happen before your life changes and will lessen the suicidal feelings??
  3. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I don't know. I'm not convinced any change would be worth it, Butterfly, since many things have changed the last few years and, on paper, I have now most, if not all, the things that should make me happy.
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

But if you are still suicidal, there is something currently in your life making you feel suicidal, or something is still missing. Also, just because you have a lot of great things in your life, doesn't necessarily stop you from feeling suicidal.
  5. Sarah171

Sarah171 Member

I'm so sorry that you are going through this emptiness and sadness right now. You were put on this earth for a reason. I know it feels like there's just no point, but there is, you just haven't found it yet. Successes and material goods that we possess in life may satisfy us for a while, but there is nothing tangible that will bring us true happiness. I found that out several years ago, when I went through a point where I wanted to take my life. I found my purpose in life was to help others. I started volunteering for animal rescue organizations and a church ministry that helps the homeless. Giving to others truly gave me the joy I was seeking because my existence had a reason - others needed me, and my life meant something. I sincerely hope that you find peace and joy. I know you will, it's just going to take a bit of time ((hugs))