1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cervical cancer

Discussion in 'Life Changing or Long Term Physical Illness' started by Shannew, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Shannew

Shannew Chat Pro

The doctor said I may have early cervical cancer
    I don't know what to do or how to feel
    does anyone know anything about this or have any nice words that would be good

cruelworld likes this.
  2. OMG Shan! Massive hugs and I am praying for you!

Shannew likes this.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Alumni

@Shannew Try not to panic. Your doctor isn't sure yet. Do the required tests to find out. And remember, if you do have it, they caught it early. Early is curable. Take care.

Shannew and A guy with feelings like this.
  4. N3RV0US

N3RV0US New Member

well shoot, there goes life being all great again eh? not much i can really say... this is shitty dude =/

^and exactly this

Shannew likes this.
  5. littlestarsmum

littlestarsmum Well-Known Member

Hi there, I agree with what SillyOldBear said. Please don’t get stressed out, but stay calm and get the necessary tests done. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Do keep updating. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Shannew likes this.
  6. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

{{{{hugs}}}}
    I don't know what to say here. All I got is good thoughts and positive thinking for you.

Shannew likes this.
  7. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi @Shannew it's way easier said than done but as someone waiting on results just try not not completely flip out.
    I knew exactly where you are and how you're feeling.
    I don't have advice but I am here if you want to talk.
    Hugs

Shannew likes this.
  8. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

Shannew, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how stressful the uncertainty can be. But as @SillyOldBear has said, try not to panic, try to remain as calm as possible as nothing is definite until the appropriate tests have been made.

But Shannew, bear in mind that the prospects of a comlete cure is good if diagnosed at an early stage.
    I can pull out some in depth information for you if you want, but I'm holding back at the moment in case things may be too overwhelming for you.

Thinking of you, hoping you'll be ok.

Shannew and Petal like this.
  9. JacsMom

JacsMom Staff Alumni

Shannew, I'm sorry you have gotten some potentially bad news. But as others have said, cervical cancer is a treatable one and a cure can be achieved. I didn't have the same kind of cancer, but I'm a 20 year survivor. Try not to worry (I know that's difficult) until you at least have a diagnosis. If they are just telling you right now, you have abnormal cells, it doesn't mean that's it cancer for sure. If it turns out it is, then you can weigh your options. This is not a death sentence, hon.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I have experience with this through a person close to me and this type of cancer. Right now your doctor most likely means they are pre cancerous cells which can be removed, if you would like to know the info I have learned from experience please feel free to PM me, remember even if it is the worst case scenario it CAN be treated effectively through various different methods. PM me if you'd like to talk more about it with me, hugs and cuddles, mind yourself :) Mind if I ask if what you are talking about is the result of a cervical smear test?

Do not worry my friend, just try your best not to, SF has your back. We care about you and I'm more than happy to listen and be there for you through this horrible awful time. Bless x

Amandine and Shannew like this.
  11. Shannew

Shannew Chat Pro

Thanks guys that's really good advice x
    I'm sorry youre going through the same things my friend, we'll do this together <3
    Thanks ash <3 i will probably need that information soon, i appreciate it
    Thank you for your kind words my friend
    Thank you so much petal, I'm so glad you guys are here. Yes its results from a pap smear test saying I have a high-grade lesion. I just don't want to be around anymore, my life was already so horrible before this and I have to go through it all alone. I don't want to go through this I just want it to end

cruelworld and Petal like this.
  12. JacsMom

JacsMom Staff Alumni

Shannew, I had breast cancer twenty years ago. A few years after, I had mid to highly abnormal cells from a pap. They followed that up with a cone biospy. Because of my age (I was done having children) and my history, the doctor recommended a hysterectomy, which was no big deal at all. I had no pain whatsoever internally. The only pain was from the outside incision. At that time, they couldn't take out the ovaries without that. Ovarian cancer is a sister cancer of breast cancer, so they opted to do the whole shebang. The odds are, yours isn't even cancer. They may just keep a close eye on things or do a smaller procedure such as a LEEP or cyrosurgery. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm still here, alive and kicking!! You got this!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Zonkers and Shannew like this.
  13. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hugs hun please keep us informed I am hopping that the next round of tests come back okay but if they don't we are here for you. Lets just keep hoping that things turn out okay

Shannew likes this.
  14. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hugs to YOU. Take care now friend.

Shannew likes this.
  15. Shannew

Shannew Chat Pro

Thank you my friends <3
    Thanks for sharing mom, that does put my mind to ease a bit <3

cruelworld and Petal like this.
  16. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

Shannew, I can understand that things may be seeming bleak at the moment, and how low you may be feeling. But if it's any comfort, then please remember that you do not have to go through any of this alone as we'll all be here by your side to support you.

Take care and best wishes.

17. Shorty92

Shorty92 Well-Known Member

I had this same scare back in the summer! I know exactly how your feeling. Try not to worry too much as like you said you may have it. Luckily my abnormal cells do not need treatment just to keep a eye with 6 monthly tests. If you want to talk I’m here. I found the worse part for me was having the biopsy’s done! It was more embarrassing that child birth. The good thing is it sounds like yours has been caught early so even if and that is a IF it’s something your going in the right direction.

Shannew and Ash600 like this.
  18. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

I am so sorry youve gotten this news take to heart that you arent alone as were all here for you. Sending you hugs.

Shannew likes this.
  19. Shannew

Shannew Chat Pro

Thank you for all the support guys, I went to the doctor's today and she told me that it's not cancer and I may not even need surgery, I feel relieved :D

20. Zonkers

Zonkers Rascal

This is great news Shannew! I am so happy that it was not cancer. Hugs!!!

Shannew and A guy with feelings like this.