cervical cancer

Shannew

The doctor said I may have early cervical cancer
I don't know what to do or how to feel
does anyone know anything about this or have any nice words that would be good

littlestarsmum

Hi there, I agree with what SillyOldBear said. Please don’t get stressed out, but stay calm and get the necessary tests done. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Do keep updating. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @Shannew it's way easier said than done but as someone waiting on results just try not not completely flip out.
I knew exactly where you are and how you're feeling.
I don't have advice but I am here if you want to talk.
Hugs

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Shannew, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how stressful the uncertainty can be. But as @SillyOldBear has said, try not to panic, try to remain as calm as possible as nothing is definite until the appropriate tests have been made.

But Shannew, bear in mind that the prospects of a comlete cure is good if diagnosed at an early stage.
I can pull out some in depth information for you if you want, but I'm holding back at the moment in case things may be too overwhelming for you.

Thinking of you, hoping you'll be ok.

JacsMom

Staff Alumni
Shannew, I'm sorry you have gotten some potentially bad news. But as others have said, cervical cancer is a treatable one and a cure can be achieved. I didn't have the same kind of cancer, but I'm a 20 year survivor. Try not to worry (I know that's difficult) until you at least have a diagnosis. If they are just telling you right now, you have abnormal cells, it doesn't mean that's it cancer for sure. If it turns out it is, then you can weigh your options. This is not a death sentence, hon.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have experience with this through a person close to me and this type of cancer. Right now your doctor most likely means they are pre cancerous cells which can be removed, if you would like to know the info I have learned from experience please feel free to PM me, remember even if it is the worst case scenario it CAN be treated effectively through various different methods. PM me if you'd like to talk more about it with me, hugs and cuddles, mind yourself :) Mind if I ask if what you are talking about is the result of a cervical smear test?

Do not worry my friend, just try your best not to, SF has your back. We care about you and I'm more than happy to listen and be there for you through this horrible awful time. Bless x

Shannew

@Shannew Try not to panic. Your doctor isn't sure yet. Do the required tests to find out. And remember, if you do have it, they caught it early. Early is curable. Take care.
Hi there, I agree with what SillyOldBear said. Please don’t get stressed out, but stay calm and get the necessary tests done. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Do keep updating. Sending hugs & prayers your way!
Thanks guys that's really good advice x
Hi @Shannew it's way easier said than done but as someone waiting on results just try not not completely flip out.
I knew exactly where you are and how you're feeling.
I don't have advice but I am here if you want to talk.
Hugs
I'm sorry youre going through the same things my friend, we'll do this together <3
Shannew, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how stressful the uncertainty can be. But as @SillyOldBear has said, try not to panic, try to remain as calm as possible as nothing is definite until the appropriate tests have been made.

But Shannew, bear in mind that the prospects of a comlete cure is good if diagnosed at an early stage.
I can pull out some in depth information for you if you want, but I'm holding back at the moment in case things may be too overwhelming for you.

Thinking of you, hoping you'll be ok.
Thanks ash <3 i will probably need that information soon, i appreciate it
Shannew, I'm sorry you have gotten some potentially bad news. But as others have said, cervical cancer is a treatable one and a cure can be achieved. I didn't have the same kind of cancer, but I'm a 20 year survivor. Try not to worry (I know that's difficult) until you at least have a diagnosis. If they are just telling you right now, you have abnormal cells, it doesn't mean that's it cancer for sure. If it turns out it is, then you can weigh your options. This is not a death sentence, hon.
Thank you for your kind words my friend
I have experience with this through a person close to me and this type of cancer. Right now your doctor most likely means they are pre cancerous cells which can be removed, if you would like to know the info I have learned from experience please feel free to PM me, remember even if it is the worst case scenario it CAN be treated effectively through various different methods. PM me if you'd like to talk more about it with me, hugs and cuddles, mind yourself :) Mind if I ask if what you are talking about is the result of a cervical smear test?

Do not worry my friend, just try your best not to, SF has your back. We care about you and I'm more than happy to listen and be there for you through this horrible awful time. Bless x
Thank you so much petal, I'm so glad you guys are here. Yes its results from a pap smear test saying I have a high-grade lesion. I just don't want to be around anymore, my life was already so horrible before this and I have to go through it all alone. I don't want to go through this I just want it to end

JacsMom

Staff Alumni
Shannew, I had breast cancer twenty years ago. A few years after, I had mid to highly abnormal cells from a pap. They followed that up with a cone biospy. Because of my age (I was done having children) and my history, the doctor recommended a hysterectomy, which was no big deal at all. I had no pain whatsoever internally. The only pain was from the outside incision. At that time, they couldn't take out the ovaries without that. Ovarian cancer is a sister cancer of breast cancer, so they opted to do the whole shebang. The odds are, yours isn't even cancer. They may just keep a close eye on things or do a smaller procedure such as a LEEP or cyrosurgery. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm still here, alive and kicking!! You got this!

Last edited:

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs hun please keep us informed I am hopping that the next round of tests come back okay but if they don't we are here for you. Lets just keep hoping that things turn out okay

Shannew

Thank you my friends <3
Shannew, I had breast cancer twenty years ago. A few years after, I had mid to highly abnormal cells from a pap. They followed that up with a cone biospy. Because of my age (I was done having children) and my history, the doctor recommended a hysterectomy, which was no big deal at all. I had no pain whatsoever internally. The only pain was from the outside incision. At that time, they couldn't take out the ovaries without that. Ovarian cancer is a sister cancer of breast cancer, so they opted to do the whole shebang. The odds are, yours isn't even cancer. They may just keep a close eye on things or do a smaller procedure such as a LEEP or cyrosurgery. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm still here, alive and kicking!! You got this!
Thanks for sharing mom, that does put my mind to ease a bit <3

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Thank you so much petal, I'm so glad you guys are here. Yes its results from a pap smear test saying I have a high-grade lesion. I just don't want to be around anymore, my life was already so horrible before this and I have to go through it all alone. I don't want to go through this I just want it to end
Shannew, I can understand that things may be seeming bleak at the moment, and how low you may be feeling. But if it's any comfort, then please remember that you do not have to go through any of this alone as we'll all be here by your side to support you.

Take care and best wishes.

Shorty92

The doctor said I may have early cervical cancer
I don't know what to do or how to feel
does anyone know anything about this or have any nice words that would be good
I had this same scare back in the summer! I know exactly how your feeling. Try not to worry too much as like you said you may have it. Luckily my abnormal cells do not need treatment just to keep a eye with 6 monthly tests. If you want to talk I’m here. I found the worse part for me was having the biopsy’s done! It was more embarrassing that child birth. The good thing is it sounds like yours has been caught early so even if and that is a IF it’s something your going in the right direction.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00