CFNSW Fundraising Charity Walk updates

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Moat, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moat

Moat Banned Member

By now, a lot of you know that I am doing a fundraising event for Cystic Fibrosis New South Wales (NSW) so I thought to share with you all who are interested in knowing how it is going on, the E-mail replies that I have so far gotten back,
    In just a just short amount of time, it started as but a dream/wish and now is starting to blossom into something that is coming to fruition very nicely.

Note: All links and names (except my own, I have omitted from the E-mail replies that I am going to post below, for the same of security and personal reasons).
    A big thanks to Freya, Petal, WildCherry (Bell Nut) and everyone else on the administration and staff and SF owners who have allowed me to post this - love you all! <3

===================================================

(Event Director name omitted for privacy reasons)

65k-email-signature-2016

E-mail 5 -

CF Charity Walk

To:
    (omitted for privacy reasons) Wed 20/01/2016 3:19 PM
    Photos
    You replied on 20/01/2016 4:41 PM.

Vaz,

Regarding the Media Consent Form – This is a generic form that we use at big events where we will have photographers often taking pictures of participants throughout an entire race etc. It is designed so that the leader of a household can give permission for an entire family. In your case, we will only be using pictures that you personally provide to us. We prefer them in hi res digital jpg or png files. They might be used on Facebook, in our Newsletter/magazine or on our website etc. to spread awareness about your walk, but we are happy for you to use them to promote your walk in any way you see fit with your own media sources.

Therefore you will be the only name on the form unless you have someone else that chooses to walk with you or support crew you take pictures of and submit to us. Then everyone in the photo will need to be included on the form, if you wish us to use it. The length of time we can use your photos will be determined by you- 1, 2, or 5 years, to help us promote awareness and fundraising for CF to others that might be interested. The email, address, phone and signature should be yours.

I think I have answered all your questions. I do need your legal name listed on the authority letter, but I have also added Varren English as well and you may use whatever you like when promoting with your own media sources, I am curious if you don’t mind me asking the history behind the different names?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Kind Regards,

(Event Director name has been Omitted for privacy reasons)

And this is the latest E-mail I received from the Event Director I got this morning, which I feel I should post for everyone to puruse and see if it meets the standards for me to post them all in a thread on SF. (It is E-mail number 6). : -

RE: CF Charity Walk

(Even Difector's E-mail adress omitted for person/safety reasons)
    |
    To:
    (Personal E-mail address omitted for personal reasons)

Cc:
    (Name and E-mail omitted for privacy reasons)
    Thu 21/01/2016 9:28 AM

(Link ommitted for security/personal reasons)

Vaz,

No impatience on my end. No hurry with the maps.

As far as the consignment merchandise, I’m happy to send you a receipt book and some pins for the journey, but it might be helpful for us to plan to post some to schools and businesses along the way where you plan on stopping vs. you carrying them the entire trek.

I also need to have a conversation with NSW QLD about your fundraiser because I actually don’t have an authority to offer you there, so once you walk into QLD your fundraising license will no longer be valid. I have copied (name omitted for security and personal reasons) in on this email to start the conversation and make them aware of your event. Any funds you raise in QLD should technically go to that office, but they would have to extend their fundraising license.

Just details to work out.

Speak to you soon.

===================

As more information comes in, i will post additional to keep you all informed of the developments. :)

- Moat (AKA Vaz)

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Damn, seems I left out the other 5 -e-mails - I will post them here when I get back on my PC in an hour or so.
    Sorry, everyone for not noticing this sooner!

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Not sure what went wrong in my last posting, but let me try that again, shall we? Hopefully this time all of the e-mails will be pasted properly this time!

CFNSW Charity Fundraiser Walk (Syd - Brisbane) update: - :

E-Mail 1 -

Hi Vaz!

Great to hear from you. I was waiting until you had more details about your walk before sending you through the authority letter. I would love to see your walk route. Can you map it and send it through along with the schools you are considering for informative talks and blog site?

Did you mean that you would like to start your walk at the 65K 4 65 Roses event 27th February at the Bay Run?

Do you have an end date goal? Have you set up your fundraising page yet? Below is a link you can use to do so. I have also attached an additional document that may give you some ideas on how to raise money before and after the walk.

(URL link removed for privacy/safety reasons)

Talk to you soon.

(Event Director name and E-mail has been omitted for privacy reasons)

E-mail 2 -

RE: Charity Walk fo CF

(Address omitted for privacy reasons)

To:
    (omitted for privacy reasons) Thu 7/01/2016 12:18 PM

Hi Vaz,
    Sounds like you are getting closer with the planning portion. That’s great!

I do have to clarify that we are a federated charity, meaning CFA is a different organisation entirely. We are happy to support your walk at CF NSW and give you the authority to fundraise from us so you can start your online page, but we wanted to make sure you didn’t mean to be supporting another organisation entirely.

Feel free to give me a call if you have further questions.

Happy walking!

(Event Difrector name and E-mail has been omitted for privacy reasons)

E-mail 3 -

(E-mail omitted for privacy reasons)

To:
    (omitted for privacy reasons) Thu 7/01/2016 2:09 PM
    Photos
    You replied on 16/01/2016 6:17 PM.

Vaz,

Sounds great, let’s chat next week.

We love getting the awareness out about CF. If you draft an outline with what you want to speak to the schools about and submit it for their approval you might get more response. In addition to student education and support of kids with CF, the education of teachers is extremely important. Suggesting to speak to teachers might be another option. School are cautious about speakers on health related issues due to the sensitivities students might have when dealing with tough health issues at home. Some students with CF might not want the school to know they are dealing with this personally. Another option may be awareness through clubs, sports, rotary etc.

What format are the maps currently in? You can email Google Maps or scan in hard copies, just let me know what is convenient when you have it completed. No hurry.

If you are interested in sharing your story and want to write it up we have a blog that we post excerpts on & I believe it can be truly inspiring to kids with CF. Let me know your thoughts and I can send you more information.

The reason for the delay on the fundraising authority letter is that I need basic details on the “event” so that I can enter them into the system. Locations, dates etc. I will go ahead and put something through with the information provided and just add TBD on some required sections. Just keep me in the loop on how the planning is going. I will email you next week with the letter.

Kind regards,

(Event Director name and E-mail has been omitted for priacy reasons

E-mail 4 -

Thank you for your support!

(Event Director name and E-mail has been omitted for privacy reasons)

Show all 6 attachments (2 MB)

Hi Vaz

Thank you for choosing to fundraise for Cystic Fibrosis NSW!

Attached are the following items:
    Your authority to fundraise letter – I will need to add the dates, times & venues of the events as soon as you have that information.
    Our logo - If you would like to use it to promote your event, just email me any use so I can glance at it for approval before distribution.
    Media Release Form – We would LOVE pictures of your event. When you email them through to us, just make sure everyone in the pictures has signed a release form, it only takes a couple minutes.
    Fundraising Completion Form – This contains all the banking details you will need after the event.

Fundraising Website:
    (Link omitted)

Collateral Options:
    Please respond with quantities requested and I will verify if they are available.
    Banner (loan only)
    Posters
    Balloons
    Flyers
    Collection Tins or Box
    Receipt Book

Merchandise Consignment Options:
    Please respond with quantities requested and I will verify if they are available.
    Pens
    Lapel Pins
    Lapel Ribbons
    Silver Bracelets
    Lip Balm
    Rose Key Chains
    Headphones
    Mints

If you need a few additional ideas for your fundraising event I have attached 65 Ways to Fundraise as well.

Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have, we are excited to help you!

Wishing you a fun event,

(Event Director name omitted for privacy reasons)

65k-email-signature-2016

E-mail 5 -

CF Charity Walk

To:
    (omitted for privacy reasons) Wed 20/01/2016 3:19 PM
    Photos
    You replied on 20/01/2016 4:41 PM.

Vaz,

Regarding the Media Consent Form – This is a generic form that we use at big events where we will have photographers often taking pictures of participants throughout an entire race etc. It is designed so that the leader of a household can give permission for an entire family. In your case, we will only be using pictures that you personally provide to us. We prefer them in hi res digital jpg or png files. They might be used on Facebook, in our Newsletter/magazine or on our website etc. to spread awareness about your walk, but we are happy for you to use them to promote your walk in any way you see fit with your own media sources.

Therefore you will be the only name on the form unless you have someone else that chooses to walk with you or support crew you take pictures of and submit to us. Then everyone in the photo will need to be included on the form, if you wish us to use it. The length of time we can use your photos will be determined by you- 1, 2, or 5 years, to help us promote awareness and fundraising for CF to others that might be interested. The email, address, phone and signature should be yours.

I think I have answered all your questions. I do need your legal name listed on the authority letter, but I have also added Varren English as well and you may use whatever you like when promoting with your own media sources, I am curious if you don’t mind me asking the history behind the different names?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Kind Regards,

(Event Director name has been Omitted for privacy reasons)

That is the latest E-mail reply I have received so far, but more will follow in the coming days and weeks as things progress even further in regards to the fundraising/charity walk.

This is the latest E-mail I received from the Event Director I got this morning, which I feel I should post for everyone to puruse and see if it meets the standards for me to post them all in a thread on SF. (It is E-mail number 6). : -

RE: CF Charity Walk

[​IMG]
    (Even Difector's E-mail adress omitted for person/safety reasons)
    |
    To:
    (Personal E-mail address omitted for personal reasons)

Cc:
    (Name and E-mail omitted for privacy reasons)
    Thu 21/01/2016 9:28 AM

Vaz,

No impatience on my end. No hurry with the maps.

As far as the consignment merchandise, I’m happy to send you a receipt book and some pins for the journey, but it might be helpful for us to plan to post some to schools and businesses along the way where you plan on stopping vs. you carrying them the entire trek.

I also need to have a conversation with NSW QLD about your fundraiser because I actually don’t have an authority to offer you there, so once you walk into QLD your fundraising license will no longer be valid. I have copied (name omitted for security and personal reasons) in on this email to start the conversation and make them aware of your event. Any funds you raise in QLD should technically go to that office, but they would have to extend their fundraising license.

Just details to work out.

Speak to you soon,

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

[​IMG]
    (E-mail address omitted)
    |
    To:
    (E-mail address omitted)
    Fri 22/01/2016 11:36 AM

Hi Vaz,

I don’t think I have any suggestions on your route, I believe with all the research you have been doing you will know the trails better than myself. Sounds like you’ve been doing quite a lot of training which is impressive! Have you yet managed multiple days at 65-75km? If so, how many? That is a pretty amazing accomplishment itself!

Thanks for understanding the sensitive nature of speaking to students, unfortunately it does limit sometimes the awareness and motivation we would love to provide for CFers.

Can you confirm that you plan on carrying a PLB and what your emergency plan is (i.e. how often and who you will be checking in with as to your location)

Have you had a chance to start working on sponsorships from businesses or set up your fundraising page? It would probably be good to have it up and available the first of February for an April start. Link Below.

(Link omitted)

Sounds great!

Talk to you soon,

(Event Director's name omitted for privacy reasons)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.