Challenge?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

To stop for excatly one month.

I have a doctor in late feb, and i dont want him to see my scars.... Im so scared that he will see them and then tell my parents:sad:

2. d-pressed

d-pressed Well-Known Member

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I don't want to stop:unsure:

Anyway, the doctor does know my mother, so maybe he "wont care about rules".

I don't beleive that i could stop for a whole month, but maybe i could try...

Thanks for reply...

4. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

I know how you're feeling!! I have a physical on Feb 5th......and my family doc doesn't know I cut yet....

5. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Don't say you don't believe you can do it... YOU CAN DO IT!!

I think its a great idea.. its gives you a reason to be free...

I wish you the best of luck..

Claire...

6. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea hurted, it gives you a

reason to stop, even just for one month.

I have faith in you, you can do it

Lea :hug:

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Give it a shot and see how you do. When it does become hard then you have members on here who can help you out and also try to keep yourself distracted from the urges to cut when it happens.

8. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

This might be a great challenge. In fact I have really been struggling this week with cutting, I would be willing to join you in this challenge if you want. I will help you and you can help me and we will see if we can both go all month. What do you think?

Netsirk

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for all replys, but i am not worth it...

I just did it again... The saddest thing is that i even wasn't triggered... I just wanted to bleed...

10. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's probably because your in the swing of cutting yourself, hence why you did it without being triggered. Keep trying to stop and start your challenge.

11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Yes, I really want to hurt myself...:(

12. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

13. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Doctors are bound by confidentiality laws, regardless of what country you are in and regardless of your age. They only need inform parents and so on if they believe that you are at risk of seriously harming yourself or at risk of seriously harming someone else. The doctor also has to tell you before informing anyone else. You could try to convince the doctor that you are not doing any serious harm to yourself, or if you are over 18 then you have nothing to worry about anyway in regards to that because your parents wont be your guardian.

TDM

14. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.