Change in Mood - Help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by hadit, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadit

hadit Member

I have become aware of changes in my mood, some of these changes are embarrassing for me and I have trouble saying them to my case worker.

A couple fo nights a go I noticed my sex drive was on the increase with abnormal sexual thoughts running through my head. Consideration of some very disinhibited ideas and actions running through my mind.
    My level of disorganisation is increasing rapidly, these leaves me anxious and even fearful.
    Yesterday I started being drawn to number plates on cars and reading meaning into them. One have initials of an area I have been looking at possibly moving too, I felt it was a sign to move there. I am aware enough that I 'heard; that thought and it caught my attention, I fear when I cannot see these things and lose that awareness.
    I have had to begin taking an antipsychotic to sleep and over three days I have had to triple the dose to get anywhere near realzed enough to sleep.
    I am seeing and hearing things at night, but this is when I am sort of half asleep.
    Increase in irritability.
    Decreased tolerance
    Increased urgencey to do everything but decreased ability to organise, plan and/or complete. This leads to more irritability.

Can someone just let me know what they would thing about these symptoms, I feel lost with what is going on with me and feel stupid discussing it with my case worker. I am very embarrassed about the sexual thoughts and ideas as to me they are abhorrent when I am logical.

2. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I don't really know how to help, my brain's kind of...right now.

As for the sexual thoughts, try not to shame yourself for them. It'll only give you unneeded stress and guilt. They're just thoughts, and they hurt no one. Maybe it's just me, but I think everyone have certian "abnormal sexual thoughts". People just try not to talk about them. I get the same way, at least...

I hope someone who knows more than me comes along and posts. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one here, I guess. It's hard to make myself make sense right now.
  3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

you mention that you are taking an antipsychotic and are taking triple the dose (probably not a wise idea to be honest).

would it be possible the upped dose and/or possible side effects of the meds are causing at least some (if not all) of your problems?

i think it would be best talking to your case worker, its not stupid and i know sexual issues are somewhat embarrassing but im sure the case worker has heard a lot worse before.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

It sounds like side effects from the sleeping meds....3 times the dose is probably way too high...suggest you see your GP...
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You shouldn't feel shame having such dreams.. Everyone has them once in a while.. Open up and talk to your therapist about them.. My therapist knows all about mine..She also knows I was molested at age 12..She's not going to make fun of you..Just be honest..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.