Changing of seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domo

I am feeling stunted by my vocabulary and it's hindering what i am really trying to express. So this will proabaly come out as bumbling nothingness and i am not even sure what the point of it is. But i digress.

The weather. Sometimes it scares me and the feelings it conjures.

It's starting to get warmer, right now there is something in the air that makes me so wistful and restless, it becomes sickening... But at the same time there is a peace and calmness about it. Comparible to the acceptance of my own demise.

On warm nights that bring upon breezes, my mind goes elsewhere. To the past, to the future, to somewhere i am not even sure exists.

I am pulled to walk aimlessly around the streets and listen to the trees and the wind, to fill my lungs and my heart with their secrets.

I had a friend once, we would do exactly that, together. Walk around, sometimes with words, sometimes without. But it didn't matter. it wasn't always space that needed to be filled. We let our surroundings say everything we couldn't.

Other times we would sit on grassy hills and smoke cigarettes and read our poetry to each other. I remember at his funeral, one of his poems that they found was read out. It was one he'd shared with me. I don't think words yet exist to desribe what i felt at that moment.

I've never been able to hold onto a friend since him. I still have a piece of paper he wrote on "Why? And the question still remains".

I still don't have the answer and he'll never be able to answer it.

But still i walk on these warm nights. Filled with a horrible longing for so many things... i can't even begin to explain in any kind of detail what is inside of my heart and mind. I'm not so sure it is even safe for me to delve into this any further.

Domo

My god re reading this. I can't stand this self indulgent nonsense.

I wish i could bring my mind somewhere realistic.

I wish i didn't despise every thing that came from me.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Your writing is beautiful Domo not self indulgent it describes your relationship with your friend and how sad you must feel n ow it is gone. You have the memories the beautiful ones no one can take them away. I too love nature and how it can heal and take your mind away. take care my friend it is a lovely reminiscing of a time of happiness.

Domo

I didn't even want to write about him. I wanted to talk about how the weather effects me so deeply. I guess i just got thinking about him.

I think it's the jasmine in my yard. It's bringing up too many emotions. I don't even know why.

I don't even know what i am talking about. i feel like i am talking another language or that there are double meanings to everything i say and i am praying that someone will see underneath my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00