Chat...being shouted that acceptable?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lost_child, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Is chat alway the same...unless you go in there 24/7 you get shouted at when you are in there (not by all there was some nice people).

The_goth shouted at me...he/she not been in long and i was trying to get out...I don't like being shouted at, I don't appreiciate being shouted at you don't know me, you'd not even been signed in long and then you have a go and say that me asking how to get our in MAIN, isn't important...well to me it is because I don't like hearing/seeing/ people talk about abortions...!

Is it ok to shout at other people, esp when you don't even know them?
    Is that what happens in chat, unless your "IN", your out.

I just wanted someone to talk to and came away feeling worse.

plese don't shout at me.
  2. DropKick

DropKick Active Member

Well, been on this site for less then 10 mins, seen three threads about how unwelcoming and secluded the site is.. Already learnt that if your not part of a group on here, you will get flamed/abused, like every other v-bulliten site. eh, I'll still give it a shot.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Maybe you thought she was shouting at you, or perhaps the way it came out made it seem like you were being shouted at.
    I'm sorry that you came out of chat feeling worse, I hope this is able to be resolved.
  4. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience in chat, I will look at the logs and get back to you.
    Anyone who feels they are made unwelcome in chat, please post in Letters to Management with times if possible so we can work towards making chat a safe environment for all our members.

Edit: I have looked at the logs and I agree that what The_Goth said to you was inappropriate and I will be having a word. On the other hand i am very pleased to see that you did receive a lot of support while you were in chat at this time. Please don't let one persons comment put you off.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

If something like this happens, copy the conversation and report it to staff with the copy of what was said so we can do something about these hurtful members. you can report it to letters to the management
    its the only way these people will be dealt with and removed.
  6. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I did get support from some of the people, but what happened with being shouted at made me feel worse..maybe I am over sensitive, Thursday morning the same thing happened at work by a client over something that happened when I wasn't even triggered me for when it happened again I just couldn't deal with it.

thank you to those that did speak to me, and i'm sorry to have said this on the boards. sorry
  7. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

It's good that you did tell us, only then can we act to improve things, The_Goth has received a warning. I'm not trying to belittle what happened to you, it shouldn't have happened, I'm just trying to show that not all chat users are like that.
    Thank you for posting it!!

Hazel x
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    I just wanted to say that if people make for themselves little 'cliques' or whatever on this site, I promise everybody isn't like that.
    Just because they've been on here longer or have their lil friends, doesn't make them any more special or eligible to be here than anybody else. :) In fact if anything they're pretty damn pathetic.
  9. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

i've never even heard of the person you mentioned, some people just aren't all that nice.

most of the chat regulars are actually really friendly.
  10. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

unfortunately chat can be a very hurtful place to be. People ganging up on others, name calling, shouting is all very unacceptable.

You would be best advised to stear clear of most of the people that frequent it, I know I have learned my lesson and wont be visiting chat anytime soon.
  11. I'm a poor student, and to get a decent Chatroom, I had to invest money in Flashchat, it's costing me $20 per month.

But it's well worth it....

Not that difficult to configure, I have a working version on my site at

And I know if you pay the extra few bucks a month, you get the options for webcams, microphone etc.

It's pretty sweet

12. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

It does have mods, but unfortunately staff can't be there 24/7, as I'm sure you can understand, partly down to the lack of manpower, and partly down to other factors.
  13. No they are not. And some of the chat mods ( not admin ) are just as bad :(
  14. It has.. just most do nothing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.