Chat is glitchy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Petal, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm not usually one to complain and I don't like to as an amazing job has been done on the transformation of the forums. Thanks so much. But chat is extremely glitchy, people are missing messages even with one chat open and one closed, for instance I was just in chat and people were saying well done (members name) and I did not see what that member had wrote. I was in chat for a long while a few nights ago chatting with a fellow staff member and we had to stop talking over missing so many messages.

Can this be looked into please? I'd appreciate that very much

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I think it is possible that we are overloading it - we may have to buy the push service. I will look into that a bit more and see what the options are.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have noticed same issues and think perhaps the push service that is an option to purchase to help move messages and increase the refresh rate may be the only real solution. It may be something that could be investigated for a trial period and see if it showed improvement. The fact it was not an issue really before but with more active members of late and higher chat use (not just chat rooms but member to member private chats that are always happening) it is becoming more common makes me think it is a capacity issue.

4. thorns_all_over

thorns_all_over Green Thumb Staff Alumni

I experience some messages showing up in different SF tabs, but not every message in every SF tab, that I have open.
    I guess that's normal?

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Chat does not work on multiple tabs. You have to either detach and turn off chat on the forum (it will still work in the detached box) or use a single tab. Otherwise the messages only show up on the tab that was active last refresh and you have PMs with same person that all have different messages in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.