Chat PM problem (?)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Moat, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I have noticed that in the last week, that whenever I am in the chat on SF, whenever I PM someone there, half the time after I send a PM to a member, I find that my back page automatically redirects itself that person's Profile page. I understand that that can happen if you close the PM window by accidentally clicking on the members' name, but I always make a point to click the top of the PM message to temporary close it (while waiting for a reply so I can focus on the main chat room) away from the member's username, in the spot which is blank, but still, I find that even when I do that, my back page still automatically redirects itself to a member's profile page on its own, so I was just wondering is that normal or just a small glitch in the chat code that makes it do that?

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Moat, I often find that I also have that problem, but thought it was because I was clicking too close to the member's name.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This doesn't happen to me at all,strange, hopefully the admin will know more about it.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

It occors so much that sometimes i think the member whose profile I end up on might think I am stalking them lol.

2 people like this.
  5. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

are you clicking it to close from the top? i always close the pm's be pressing the part on the long grey bar across the bottom of the forum.

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I close them by clicking on the long blue bar on the far right side, which is furthest away from the member name (in this case, yours, since it has happened 5 times while we were talking in PM in chat earlier) so there was no way that I could have accidently clicked on your name to make my back page direct me to your profile.

7. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hmm, thats strange. You are using your ipad right? You've just shown me a way around a pm issue I've been having since the move to the new site. Thank you so much! Hope someone can figure out yours now. What browser are you using?

8. Moat

Moat Banned Member

No, most of the time, I use my PC when I am SF, so I can use the chat; I only use the iPad on SF when I just want to quickly check on a few responses or primarily use it for posting on the forums, otherwise I just use access the site with my PC.

On iPad, I use Safari and on my Pac, I use Google Chrome.

9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Wish I could help but I can't repeat the problem- only time I end up at profile is when I click the members name to go to profile....

10. Moat

Moat Banned Member

It isvery strange indeed, NYJump, but from Kcho said above, it looks like I am not the only one who seems to have that happen. Perhaps it is just because the site has been newly reformatted and there are still a few bugs and glitches to work out, much like how the chat itself sometimes causes the entire SF site to crash (as it did a few weeks ago, when Raven or Freya - I forgot exactly who it was) ended up having to disable the chat just so the site could stay up and running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.