Chat Running

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Izziebabystar, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

If Anyone has any greivences with the way chat is run please contact me. we are going to get a list of things together and take it to admin to see if we can get somthing done about it
    <mod edit contacts>
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  2. Which chat?
  3. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

the ofical chat
    but if you have any problems with the other ones feel free to let me know also
  4. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

You mean aside from chat moniters who tell you that your horrible peice of shit that should disapear for having a differn't oppinion?
  5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Please do post your grievances, folks - we're always happy to see how things can be made better..

Not against any specific member of staff / CM though - no names, please.
  6. surely with freedom of speech any member here can post a grievance against a member of staff as long as its kept within the rules.
    staff are not above the so called ' sf law ' surely ?

staff are no better than members and can be the cause of problems
  7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Indeed they can - but if it's against a specific staff member - as it would be against a specific member, post in Letters to Management, rather than posting your disquiet over the forums.

If it's about chat and staff in general, then by all means, post it in public.

As for this:
    I'm well aware of that.
  8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Good luck OP!! I started several threads asking for input from all members, ones that were having problems with chat and ones that enjoyed chat. The sole purpose was to get information good or bad to the attention of management. I was accused of trying to shut down chat, messing with a good thing, and told I was ancient and my ideas werent welcome here and other such niceties. The members that enjoy chat spoke up. The members that feel intimidated by chat well... they were too intimidated to voice anything. I tried to lobby for a good chat experience for all. Nada!! So all the power to you but I have come to the conclusion that chat is chat. You cant fix it or change it. Although SF tries not to judge or isolate members chat does just that. So enter at your own risk and SF will nor cannot be held responsible for any wrong doing (atleast that's my experience and opinion)!
  9. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Not enough milk and cookies :{
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

What I am most unhappy about with chat is the lack of respect between members there. And I mean members in general so that includes everyone. It seems we are not mindful of others feelings and how what is said may affect someone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.