chat screen issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by betteroffunknown, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Hello.

I was just wondering what I can do to downsize the chat screen?

The top part where the icon is that allows you to leave chat hides under the address bar now, so I can't actually leave chat. I also can't see what administrators are in the room on the list, and the more people that come in the list climbs higher and can see less of the mod list.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hi, how big is the screen you are using? I have just been playing with it to try to figure out your issue. I have an 11 inch screen laptop and it renders fine on there but when I make the window smaller I get the issue you are having - are you using a laptop or tablet?

3. betteroffunknown

I use a chrome book.

However, it might be important to note that I haven't always had this issue even on my chrome book. About 2-3wks ago it had begun, moving upward like that. I could barely slip the mouse up to the blue line where the icon is to exit, but at least I was still able to do that, so I didn't say anything. But now, as of the past couple days or so, I can't see or do anything with that blue bar at all. It's as though the chat screen has gradually become bigger. So just wondering if there's something I can do to shrink it back down to normal size.

Thanks!

4. Freya

That is so weird! I haven't noticed it get any bigger and it really shouldn't have been able to. I will ask Tim if I see him in chat - he is our chat software guru and he will know.

betteroffunknown likes this.
  5. betteroffunknown

Thank you!!!

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I had that problem too. I have a small laptop so maybe that is the issue. I just closed out the whole site to log out of chat. :p

7. betteroffunknown

Thanks, Witty. I'd consider that the issue if it had been this way since the new chat was installed, but that isn't the case. It was actually 'normal' till just recently. I don't believe I've done anything different; it just seems to be making these adjustments on its own.

I do have to completely close out of the site otherwise people think I'm still in chat even when I'm not. It makes it hard to just be in the forums while chat alerts are going on, too.

8. Freya

If the worst comes to the worst you can turn chat off with the little slider on the right of the chat room box along the bottom bar to use the forum without people thinking you are in chat.

9. betteroffunknown

Well, just in case anyone is curious I mentioned this issue in chat, and it was suggested to press the cntrl and the - button to get it to go back down to norm, and it worked!!! Had to pull out my glasses so I could read it, but am thankful that I have the option to leave chat or go into a different room now, too. Mystery solved!!!

Thanks for your assistance!!! It's mucho appreciated!!

10. Freya

I am really glad this is solved for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.