• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • Hi - It is possible that I have figured out part of the problem with the donations. I believe that if you try to use paypal balance or your debit/credit card that should work now. Bank transfer still seems glitchy. If you try with a card and it fails please can you let me know? Fingers crossed that part is resolved though. Thanks so much for the support - Freya

chat technical issues

extraterrestrialone

Assembled words vs disjointed thought
SF Supporter
lately i have been having problems on chat:
getting logged off frequently
pm messages disappearing
new pm message replacing previous one.
possibly, not seeing other members or them not seeing me.
am not aware of being blocked and i have not blocked anyone.

Freya

Loves SF
Staff member
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
The chat PM thing is an issue and we haven't found a way of correcting it besides refreshing. I know that isn't ideal at all but it doesn't seem to be going away and it is what it is at the moment, sorry. I haven't head any issues with members not seeing each other - have you checked your block list to make sure?

extraterrestrialone

SF Supporter
The chat PM thing is an issue and we haven't found a way of correcting it besides refreshing. I know that isn't ideal at all but it doesn't seem to be going away and it is what it is at the moment, sorry. I haven't head any issues with members not seeing each other - have you checked your block list to make sure?
i haven t checked. i will take a look. thanks.

Waves

How do I see if I am blocked on mobile. Can see on and people can't see my pm. They have not blocked me they said in room

CodeX

Controversial Figure
SF Artist
I wonder rather than maintaining this chat software why don't we use public chat services like telegram.

Plus points will be
- no investment or maintenance needed (and it already has web, ios and android covered).
- No personal information like phone number or email needed.
- End-to-End Encryption.

Minus point will be
- Control over private messages will be lost.

CodeX

Controversial Figure
SF Artist
- No personal information like phone number** or email needed.

**Phone number needed for verification of account

Freya

Loves SF
Staff member
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
- No personal information like phone number** or email needed.

**Phone number needed for verification of account
We have minors on this site and the site, by nature, is full of vulnerable people - we cannot have a situation where private messages cannot be checked if someone reports an issue. We did try to ask people to screengrab issues instead but then we had problems with people editing screenshots to get people into trouble. We need to be able to ensure everyone's safety.

Waves

We have minors on this site and the site, by nature, is full of vulnerable people - we cannot have a situation where private messages cannot be checked if someone reports an issue. We did try to ask people to screengrab issues instead but then we had problems with people editing screenshots to get people into trouble. We need to be able to ensure everyone's safety.
Is it possible to fix problems with needing to refresh every minute on mobile and missing messages.

Dev

Freya

Loves SF
Staff member
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
Is it possible to fix problems with needing to refresh every minute on mobile and missing messages.

Dev
This is something that has been worked on. I am sorry that you are still experiencing these problems - I know they have been greatly improved thanks to some hard work (by someone that wasn't me) - we will keep trying to improve things as much as we can :)

extraterrestrialone

SF Supporter
i haven t checked. i will take a look. thanks.
i didn’t realize i never followed up from last year. sorry. things have improved. but presently i’ve been having what i call chat lag, where my message takes a minute to appear especially in private chat or not at all. and the other person’s also not appearing. sometimes it appears that the other person is typing 2 messages at once since the little wavy dots are duplicated. to manage these problems i move all the way out of chat and then back in. and it seems to be ok for a while. i’ve used other chat elsewhere and it was not problem free either. SF chat is ok for me. i’ve often thought the problem comes from colliding messages going both ways at the same time.??? anyway, if it can get better, great. until then, i’ll keep using this one.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$175.00
Goal
$255.00