Chat-your opinions....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by NoGood, Nov 4, 2009.

?

What have your experiences of Chat been?

1. Good experiences

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Not so good experience

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Indifferent

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Ive only been here a few weeks but Ive read alot of posts with people complaining about Chat. My personal experience is that there are clicks in chat and alot of members get left out. Ive attempted to integrate in chat and join whatever conversation is going on but every single time i say hi or make a comment - im ignored. Now this is just my personal experience. While im there i see people chatting and having fun so clearly my experience is not everyone elses.

What do the rest of you lovely people think?

The good, the bad and the ugly!! :D

Thanx for readin....please come again ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've only been in a handful of times and nobody has spoken to me! So I never bothered going back! lol

3. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

yea thats my exact experience. Thanks for posting and voting. Im really curious about this topic.

:sparkle: watch the chicken dance, he is funnnnnniiiiiieeeeee! lol

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

hahaha I know! I LOVE that chicken!

You know what Kate, for everyone that posts in this thread with the same opinions as us, we should go into one of the rooms in chat, and chat amongst ourselves. :)

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

hahaha good idea. But.....it takes up memory on my broadband and it cost me money so i might stick with the forum for a while lol. Maybe im luck i had bad experiences in there cause if i liked it, it would cost me loads lol

6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Personally, I've always felt fairly at home with chat. Just like in real life, sadly folks do get ignored, but there's always the argument that (not that I'm saying any of you do this) one needs to integrate themselves in there, too.

You wouldn't expect to make friends with people who you made no move to speak with, in real life, and the internet (sadly) isn't an exception to this... That said, it's not good that you feel like you got ignored in chat, guys - come in when it's busy and you should find at least one, if not a couple of people who'd gladly talk to you.

7. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Thanks for you input Abacus, that could be the situation for alot of people if they dont attempt to 'chat in chat' :), cheers for voting.

8. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

It's okay Small-Kate

I try to always be there for others. When people ask me how long I'm there for, I say as long as you need me to be. I ask them how they are feeling, and I share music videos. Seano was down and I cheered him up. He was extremely grateful.

People put me on block coz I played guitar in there, but I made a joke saying they're just jealous coz I get all the girls ^__^ . I was only kidding though.

When people come in, I try to say hi to as many of them as I can.

If others acted like me, chat would be a less volatile and angsty place. Sadly because of that, I'm not sure if I'll go back.

Sometimes I've been immature, but I was still reaching out, not malicious or cold. Seano thought I was upset at him, as do you at the moment kitten, but really I was just really insecure and scared about the lack of communication from someone both times. That lack of comms could have really understandable explanations, such as "I had to go out." or "My internet was down." or "I was really busy!", or even "I needed some time to relax..." or "I was asking my best friend for advice, I'm not upset or anything!" But my mind always imagines the worst.

9. DrivEthermissIon

As do yours in chat.

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I put indifferent because I've had good and bad experiences. Just like Abacus said, it's just like in real life. You're gonna get on with some people better than others. Feel more comfortable with some than others. It's never really bothered me. I like chat either way, lol.

11. DrivEthermissIon

People have their own lives. (Continued from 2 other posts in this thread)

12. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I hate chat

13. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

thanx for the posts guys.

I have tried to interact with others in chat but im not venting on here, just curious about everyone eles opinions. Im not bitter about my experiences in chat but i dont feel like going in there anymore. Ill stick with the forum - its great.

:)

14. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

I prefer chat over the forums.

:bubble:

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I love chat! :sf:

I'm sorry that you felt ignored in chat :( I always try to greet everyone. Joe's (Abacus21) post was spot on. You can't always expect everyone to chat to you first, you have to put some effort in too just like in the real world :)

16. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I put indifferent. I went once. The conversations were about things I didn't understand anything about. Not exactly what I like anyway. End of story.

17. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

i like chat :) its the nature of life that some people you are more likely to get on with than others, and that you have to talk to people in order for them to talk with you. i realise that there are those who don't feel comfortable in a 'live' environment like chat to talk to other people, but the people who go there are just as genuine and kind as the people you find on the forum, and lots of the people who are in chat are also regular posters on the forum also

18. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Chat is totally awesome!!! :wootrock:

19. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Chat is great. You have to understand that it is a different beast all together. In chat there is no lag time between your brain and the text. I have found writing out a post takes me much more time then when im just typing away in the chat room. Yes I say things at times that come off as rude or my sense of humor may be a bit offensive(or a lot depending on your sensibilities ;) ), but just like in real life we all say things we do not always think about.

If you are going into chat and are really down let people know. If someone is feeling well enough to help you they will speak up by chat or PM and it can be taken down to triggering subjects. If noone is able to help, do not take it personally, we all are here for our own issues and have to set our own boundries. Even if someone is cracking jokes that may just be their personality... that person may still be on the edge themselves.

Oh and regarding cliques or whatnot - People make friends on here just like IRL. Friends tend to talk to each other more. Make an effort to get involved in the conversation. If I do not like what you are saying I may not talk to you all that much just like in real life. Its not personal, our viewpoints just differ. Although just because our viewpoints differ we can still have respect towards each other(wink, wink Bob ;) ).

20. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Cracking post Mike :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.