Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by blue shoes, Apr 5, 2008.

1. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

I can never go to chat, i feel so embarrassed. And when I do gather the courage to go in, i just shut up. Blah, why do I have to be like this? I just hate myself.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

would you prefer to go in with someone?
    If you have made a particular friend on SF perhaps arrange a time to go into together or failing that come in when I'm about and I'll chat to you and introduce you to the rest of the bods :smile:
  3. blue shoes

Thanks Terry, i don't have someone to go in with, as for your offer, thanks a lot, i might take it if i gather enough courage ... :unsure:
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Doesnt say in your profile whether you are state side or UK.
    I'm UK so would be available for chat around the 10 to midnight slot (UKtime)
    when you're ready drop me a pm and we can arrange to go in together. :biggrin:
  5. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Hi blue shoes. Sorry you are having trouble going into chat. :hug: I admit I feel alone when I go in chat. I feel so out of sinc with the whole world now like I'm not even on the same speed. Social crowds, even online, make me shudder. I used to make people laugh now no one even notices me. Wish I could be of help as far as chat goes but I doubt I'd be able to deal with it myself.
  6. blue shoes

No i'm not from the UK, but I will do the math, thanks heaps Terry :hug:

Sorry to hear you have the same issues, i hope it will get better for both of us. :hug:
  7. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

I'd just go in there say hello and be quiet and listen for a while, that's what I do, and when i really feel the need to speak up about something interesting I do. No one even expects you to talk on there apart from hello's.
  8. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I haven't got a clue what chat is like these days, but back when I was in there a lot, I would go in say hello and send a hug to everyone. Then blurt out random stuff or just sit back and read and if something interesting was being discussed I'd mingle into the conversation, voice my opinion about it and all.
    Mostly I'd just blurt out random stuff though, as far as I can remember.

Emotes always work well too :yes:
    For example when you're shy but don't feel like saying it, but you would like to get people to talk to you, you could do the :hiding: emote :smile:

Hope this helps :hug: