chat?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lost_child, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Are you allowed in chat if you are actively suicidal or self harming?? I thought you wouldn't be allowed...I know many place's don't allow it, and don't allow you to talk about feelings of suicide, or anything to upsetting....so all you can do is post and hope that someone hears. I never go into chat here as I don't know how people will take me, and also cause I have major trust issues and don't know how to make small talk! pathetic isn't it...

I just wondered cause sometimes I think it would be nice to just be able to have a conversation with someone who does understand, or maybe i'm just thinking too much again tonight.

sorry to be such a bore..sorry

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You can come into chat anytime hun. You can discuss your suicidal feelings you just can't discuss to the extent of methods. If you need to talk I'm in chat and I'd be willing to listen :hug:

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

as long as you dont talk about methods you can talk about suicidal/self harm feelings and thoughts.

anything that may upset someone else is best off in the triggering subjects subroom.

would be good to see you in chat sometime :smile:

4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I know how you feel- I have major trust issues and dont talk to anyone incase they tell other people. It has made me lose my friends as I dont want to see them anymore - i dont wanna hear about how many drugs they have taken or their men problems and also how many men theuy have pulled that weekend so I have given up!

5. lost_child

aw ok, thank you. Maybe one day i will give it another try and stay longer then a few seconds!! need to build up the courage first I think.

6. GoldenPsych

Everyone is pretty cool on here. I was worried at first but there are a few people who i talk to quite a bit now as have grown to trust them.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

As was mentioned by the others, you are more than welcome to come in to chat and discuss your feelings. Methods aren't allowed and sometimes some members aren't up to discussing issues such as this so they may ask that it be taken into trigger subjects or that you create a room. Anyone that wishes to support you can also enter so you are not left alone. You also have the ability to PM someone you may feel more comfortable in speaking with. I hope you do choose to utilize this part of the forum as the support can make a great difference. Please take care and stay safe lost_child. :hug:

8. lost_child

There is 2 that I speak to via PM, but I get so nervous, worried, and that, that I distance myself...I guess sometimes paranoia rules and also sometimes with alters and that I can speak not like me but that probably makes no sense!!

I'm sure most ppl are ok, just takes time I guess to build trust and that..

9. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

:hug: lost child. My pm is open if you feel the need to rant. I know it's hard to trust people. I know that feeling and I don't open up to many people at all. I turn into a cold person when people try to pry into my life. I know they are trying ot help but I don't trust their intentions sometimes. :hug: Stay safe hun.

10. lost_child

U know with PM'ing, I sometimes feel that i'm taken away the person's right to read something.....if you posts in a forum, they can choose not to read, if you PM i think your taken away the choice....does that make me crazy, I think so...I'm also blonde so keep forgetting how to pm (opps...)

thank you kanani x

11. GoldenPsych

Hey, I am blonde and paranoid - PM me and I will read and reply. I come on everyday on here and also most evenings spend all night on when no one else is around.

12. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

lost child :hug: We've never talked, but please know if you would like a chat my PM inbox is always open. You don't know me, so perhaps you don't trust me which I can understand so you may not wanna talk about a lot but even if it's just small talk, to get you through the day. If you see me online feel free to drop a line, about serious stuff or small talk. Never feel like a pain, because you wouldn't be.

As for chat, it can be a bit daunting at first, but give it a go someday. Maybe you could arrange to go into chat with someone you get on with, so you won't feel like you don't know anyone in there at first, could make you feel more comfortable.

Would be good to see you in chat one day. :)

Take care of yourself. :hug:

13. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey hun I'm in chat quite often. We used to talk before. I'm still here hun if you want to.

14. lost_child

ty for your replies and offers to chat..maybe one day when I can get the courage up. itmahanh we did used to talk and I appreicaited talking to you, sometimes I get too paranoid and worried that i'm making ppl worse or might triggered you and I don't want to do that not to you or anyone.

15. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

lost, my PM box is always open. No pressure on you or me and i promise not to pass anything on.
    Or if you want someone to come in chat with you at the same time and make sure you are okay id be happy to do that too. :hug:

16. lost_child

Thank you xx I will try I promise...all a bit daunting at the moment.

17. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

no rush hun, the offer is always open, anytime :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.