Cheating and depression

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by peach333, Jun 1, 2008.

1. peach333

peach333 Member

My boyfriend that I live with cheated on me a couple months ago. I'm still depressed about being heartbroken and devastated and always bringing up the past and it causes arguments. I don't know how to stop and ever since i've been suicidal. Is there hope after being cheated on or am I just hurting myself trying to pick up the pieces.
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any argument when you bring up the past/the fact that he cheated: he's a piece of shit who either doesn't really care for you, is short-sighted and lets his dick do his thinking for him, or a moron who will try to make an excuse related to a "lapse in judgment" due to drinking or what have you.
  3. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

You should break up with him. It's not going to get "better." Sorry that this has happened to you....
  4. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

im so sorry to hear this. Id be heartbroken if my boyfriend cheated on me so my heart goes out to you.

I wish i didnt have to agree for your sake, but id say the other posts were right. You have to look deep down and see if you can get past this. But remember, if he has done it once the chances are he will do it again

5. ILoveYouDevon

ILoveYouDevon Member

Coming from someone who has cheated, I say if he is really truly sorry give him another chance. I made the stupid mistake of cheating on my boyfriend because I thought I still loved my ex. I wish I had never done it and I feel so awful. I love him more than anything. He found out and forgave me. At first he would always bring it up in fights and stuff but now it barely gets mentioned. I know it still hurts him, but we love each other and want our relationship to work.

So basically, if you guys really love each other don't just throw it all away. People make mistakes. Not every cheater cheats again.
  6. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i agree with ILoveYouDevon.
    i have been cheated on by someone before
    but then we went out again and it was fine..
    well for the time being anyways, we ended up finding
    nothing in common.
    but thats not the point

if youre willing to let this go past you, then
    i say go for it. if things dont get better in
    maybe a month and you guys keep getting into
    fights than maybe its best to end it and find
    someone new who wont cheat on you.

:hug: im praying for you :smile:
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

If the guy is trully sorry and if it was a mistake like for example he was drunk then give him another chance but otherwise dump him.