Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by black orchid, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

What does cheating mean to people on here?

How far can things go before you'd deem your other half to be cheating on you or being unfaithful?

for example, would you class chatting to someone on msn constantly and going on cam etc to be cheating?
    messaging other people and ignoring your partner?
    meeting up with people without your partner knowing?

How much would people put up with before saying something?
  2. OranGauvain

OranGauvain Member

Cheating to me is 1 of the most pointless things to do... its totaly senceless and idiotic...
    cheating tho is only if somthing going on between sum1 who in relationship and sum1 who's not up in that relationship.x
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Cheating to me is irresponsible, immature and undeserved. It is proof that a person has no integrity.
    No one 'deserves' to be cheated on by their partner.

What would constitute cheating?
    I suppose I figured if my boyfriend was going on dates with the intent to fuck someone- that would be cheating.
    If the intent is to have some sort of physical relationship behind my back and without my knowledge, that is cheating.
    There is some leeway for going places with people or for making friends and talking to people online because my occupation (well... what I used to do before sinking back into agoraphobia) had alot of socializing and networking and making friends with people. A vast amount of trust for eachother was always important, but after being together for 5+ years, it didn't seem to ever be an issue.

I am not the type to have an open relationship. I'm sure 'open' relationships have different rules or whatever-- to be determined between the parties involved.
    Once it is established that I am in a relationship with one person- that is it. Only one person.
    If that person then decides to 'fool around' without my knowledge, I don't know what I would do. I've never been in that situation before.
    I imagine that I would try to work things out because that is just the type of person I am... if I am emotionally invested, I would rather save it than jump ship.

I don't have to worry about this cheating issue myself though- because I plan on never being in a relationship again.
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I guess i would not feel comfortable if they had an emotional investment in someone else. It's not just about giving there body to someone else, the mind counts too. I know they technically wouldn't have done anything wrong, but....I don't know. It's probably why everything fails, i have unreasonable expectations of people.

There were some trust issues at the beginning of my last relationship and it was horrible, he didn't actually cheat but there were some incidents i was not comfortable with, it took me a very long time to get over that, so i could never trust them completely again if they slept with someone else. I wouldn't even want them to touch me again. Whatever purity there was between us is now gone.

Ugh...fuck you love.
  5. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. I don't think that is unreasonable at all.

It is hard enough for me to trust people in the first place and i know i wouldn't be able to stick around if they slept with anyone else.
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

for example, would you class chatting to someone on msn constantly and going on cam etc to be cheating? maybe not so serious
    messaging other people and ignoring your partner? definately
    meeting up with people without your partner knowing? definately

it all comes down to how you feel about it...
    If it feels wrong to you then it is.
  7. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

What is cheating to me.. hmm, I guess having a partner who falls in love with someone else and dosen't tell me and lies to cover it up. The only thing I demand in a relationship is complete honesty, truth I can deal with even if they're sleeping with the entire aussie cricket team for kicks, lies hurt.
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree.
  9. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

There is a fine line for cheating for me.

Sure I'd get a little upset if my boyfriend was spending a lot more time with other girls that just me, but that is something I get over.
    Now if he had intent to do anything else other than chilling with them, then yes that is cheating.(kissing, cuddling,...ect)

Now the really bad cheating is having two partners at once. This happened to me three years ago. The moment I moved my ex kept me around by saying he loved me, all the while dating someone back home. Lets just say I figured out on myspace and he is too scared to talk to me :p

Your question worries me a little hun, are you okay?
  10. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

Cheating for me is verrry easy. >.< I wish I wasn't like that at times but.. :/
    For me if a guy talks to a girl for a long period of time and starts meeting her after classes (I'm still in school o:) and stuff. :/ That's mainly because of my ex though. o3o
  11. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

I think most women would pass on Ponting and Bollinger, tbh. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.