Check your Ipods kids.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by LetItGo, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

That's overly fucked up. Is this in Australia? It doesn't say. Seems like the change of government did little to improve the Australian situation.

3. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

thats bullshit.. i wouldn't let them even if they did agree on doing this.

4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

Thats messed up its yours so they can't take and take u to jail

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

They sure can if it becomes law (or maybe it already is. I don't know). Although they probably wouldn't throw you in jail for any extended period of time. They'd probably just confiscate your ipod, charge you with whatever the crime is, let the copyright holders sue you and tie you up in so much red tape you'd wish you just bought the stupid music.

There is one thing people need to learn. There are things you can't fight. The government and people with more money than you will earn in a lifetime (they can buy the government). If you piss off powerful people, you'll pay dearly. Sooner or later.

6. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

I don't have an iPod...

And, FFS, the world has bigger problems. They should be looking after the world, not after the illegal song downloads, and dirty pictures. :dry:

7. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. :mad:

If record companies wouldn't make the prices of CDs and all so bloody high, people wouldn't even be downloading as much :dry: I know I wouldn't if albums were cheaper :dunno:
    So they can fuck off.

8. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

:rolleyes: Good thing I haven't got an IPod then, and Clicky doesn't leave the house. :tongue:

9. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Great! Justice must be served.

I propose the creation of a massive gulag somewhere in the Australian desert. A large airport must be constructed near the facilities. Then we can just buy tickets straight for prison.
    I furthermore suggest the introduction of the death penalty for people with over 10,000 pirated mp3.
    ---
    Anyway this whole thing must be a joke. If the cops pull you over, you can always say you bought the cds and ripped the music so that you could put it on your ipod. What are they going to do, go to wherever you came from, bust your door down and search your house? And then you can say you gave the cds to a friend. Where's that friend? He went to the Congo on a safari.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  10. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Yeah. And if the cops pull you over and find a brick of drugs under your seat, you can just say it must have fallen out of the sky and somehow ended up there and they'll let you go.

Believe this. They will find ways to confirm whether or not the music was legally purchased. It's just a matter of time. Remember. It's about money. You've got a lot to learn if you don't think people get serious when they lose money (or even when they think they will).

11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

When a file is converted into a lossy format such as mp3, ogg, aac, etc., if you convert it twice from the same song on the same music disc, the file will not turn out exactly the same twice. As such, all files have their own "fingerprints," so if you've downloaded a file known to be pirated, they can find out if they want to. If the government backs methods like these, you cannot win if they choose to go after you. That's just the grim reality. Your best bet is to move to a more ethical country such as Sweden, Finland or Norway (at least I think Norway also can be counted in). These countries are probably just about the last reasonably uncrappy countries left. Norway steadily is becoming worse, in many ways, however. Sweden seemed about to become shit, soon, a few months ago, after the new government took the first major steps in introducing a new surveillance law which would monitor everyone in preventive cause, but it now seems as if it's not becoming a reality. Anyway, your best bet is to move to a better country, really, and those three, at least, are reasonably uncrappy at present time.

12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

This is basically what I was saying. I think, maybe, some posters here are a little younger. I'm a little older. I've lost that rebellious spirit. It just isn't worth it to fight stuff like this pointlessly. You live and pay attention long enough and you see that it's useless.

13. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

There are many "alternative" ways to fight it, though.

14. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

As a wise man once said "Who gives a shit"

I'm sorry but to go through my Ipod takes about five minutes, to break down each individual song and check for copyright infringements manuelly would take hours, time customs officials don't have when they're already ovverloaded checking for obvious things like drugs and offensive weapons.
    Its just pathetic that the music industrys BAWWing so much that they won't get get their diamond encrusted gold bentleys for another month.

15. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

The md5 checksum of a file doesn't have to take more than seconds to find out. In the case of the sound file's tag having been changed after it was downloaded, the tag information can quickly be completely removed and compared to a comparable music file that is known to be pirated, also with its tag removed. As long as they just have some technical knowledge, it can be easy to expose a likely music pirate.

16. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

Well it seems like they want to have a grip on nearly everything.

Just the other day, a lot of anime and tv shows uploaded on rapidshare were deleted. I've also seen a lot of e-books being deleted . The original versions of these books can cost huge money in some countries. Even the low price editions are costly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.