Checking in, because i haven't checked out...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by LowCog, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowCog

LowCog Member

I wish that i could see the world through rose colored sunglasses... but, it's been a long, cold, grey and dismal winter. Springtime is right around the corner, but i see no relief in sight.

I've been in a major funk for 5 months after the break up of with my girlfriend of several years. There were things said and done that cut like a knife. It was mainly about money and my failing business that was true and probably needed to be addressed.
    Bottom line... i re-discovered that my life's history repeats itself, my dreams were absolutely crushed, and the notion of ever being able to love again has been lost forever.

I've honesty tried to remain positive amongst all the negativity that i see around me day after day. I've reset my goals and deadlines a dozen times, and i'm losing the battle.

I'll continue to read through the forums over the weekend, but i'm not going to change my deadline again in anticipation of anymore false hope.

Wish i had more to give.

-Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I am sorry things have been so hard for you. I am not sure that seeing the world through rose colored glasses is entirely realistic. So many of us here have been through anything but rosy experiences. So you are in the right place. I think this is a great community.

You say you are not going to change your deadline again,. I hope you might find that there is always the possibility for reason to hope. I am not talking at all about rose colord glasses. Just unanticipated something. Just enough of a shred of possible hope to stay alive. Until things can get better. Even though it defies logic. I know that does sound like rose colored glasses. So I am sorry about that :(

I hope you can make this your community. You will not be judged or rejected by people here. This is often a hugeeeeeee relief. So welcome and I hope will stay,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

welcome to the sf forum and community
    Please stay strong x

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

hi hun hope in time you can open yourself up to the possibility that a new person will come into your life. You found someone once you can find someone again hun
    Glad you are reaching out for support here you will see you are not so alone hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.