Checking in :) but not in a bad way!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Patch, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

I joined this site about 2 years ago when shit was getting kind of bad for me. I'm not going to go into it but I had isolated myself physically and emotionally from those who cared for me which made it that much harder to deal with life when devastating things began to happen.
    Fortunately I reached out online as well in RL and things began to get better. I got into the program of my choice in the school of my choice and also got a job. Everything was cool for a bit. When things began getting bad again during the school year I inadvertently reached out to my mom and I was sent to the mental health assessment centre at my school. They decided I needed a check up as well as an appointment with a psychiatrist and a psychologist. The talking doc was a jerk but he recommended a book called 'Mind over Mood' which has been extremely useful in helping me get my negative thoughts in check. The drug doc was very nice and put me on wellbutrin, which helped level me out. My blood work also noted that I had low levels of most vitamins but notably vitamin D and Iron. Since I've been taking my vitamins everyday I've been feeling a lot happier and more energized.
    Since I've been at school I've been able to socialize on a regular basis and I met a really great girl who I now consider to be one of my best friends. She's also a bit messed up (isn't everybody?) so I feel comfortable telling her about the craziness that sometimes kicks in because I know she can relate.

So yeah...good job, good friends, great program, good mental and physical health! Okay, the last too aren't totally up to standard, but I'm working on it. But yeah, in short: yay! :stars:

Also, SF got revamped, very nice! xox

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry, just saw this...good the hear from you and that you seem to be on the right track...all the best, J

3. weevil

weevil Well-Known Member

Hey, just started reading here again myself. I'm glad you got into that school it sounds like it was the best thing for you, I'm doing the same thing myself this year it has been a long time coming!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad to hear you have such a caring friend and things are looking up

5. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Great to hear you're doing so much better Patch !

Hope it'll stay that way.

xxx Ester aka Ish.