checking out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ace1972, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1972

ace1972 Member

My relationship with my girlfriend is basically over-she has not told me that things are over "for good" as I begged her to stay-I was pleading do not go, etc. She told she was done, and I feel she has certainly emotionally checked out. When I finally decide to push her into telling me how she really feels and she tells me to get the f out of her house, I am going to <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods>.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry things aren't working out with your girlfriend....
    I really hope you don't hurt yourself and urge you to go see the doctor and tell him how you're feeling....
    suicide is not the answer.....
    you can get through a breakup..it takes time and is painful but you can do it...

3. ace1972

ace1972 Member

I told my gf that if she left I would end it all-she is my only reason to go on. My 9 yr old daughter has not even sseen me in the last month-she is being brainwashed by her mother.

I've got nothing. No money. No love. No hope.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods>.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

you have your daughter....fight these feelings for her sake....
    you have a right to see your daughter....is there a way you can have visits with her?.
    If you kill yourself it will affect her life forever...she is 9 and able to understand if you suicide...
    I can hear you are in pain but do you want your daughter to inherit that pain?
    could you try relationship counceling to see if you and your gf can sort it out?..
    take care....

5. carekitty

carekitty Guest

You do have a reason to go on. You have a nine year old daughter. Even if she is being brainwashed by her mom, and you haven't seen her in a month, she's still your daughter. What will she believe in if you take your life? Do you really want to cause her that much pain? Please think about this, it is something that she will never get over.

There is always hope, even when it really doesn't feel like there is. There will be other relationships, no one relationship is worth dying for. And the best way to show your gf that she shouldn't have ended the relationship, is to go on, and have a great life, and a new girlfriend. Let her see what a great guy she lost.

6. ace1972

ace1972 Member

She does not want counselling-she has worked long enough on this and I think based ont he convo I overheard last night, chatting up new men on dating sites. Thisi s hurtful. I'm dying inside. I will die on the outside soon.

My daughter doesn't even want to see me now. Dying would be helpful.

7. ace1972

ace1972 Member

Carekitty--thanks. I've been a failure for al ong time. I use people to get what I want-I am not a good human being. I have slept with a ton of women just to say I have. My failed relationships have caught up with me--I am almost 40 and have little to show. I wanted to be loved, guess this is not going to happen.

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

did your daughter say she doesn't want to see you or is it her mother saying this?..
    I went through the same thing with my ex but you need to persist with visits if you can and let your daughter know you still love her no matter what her mother tells her...
    don't give up....
    I'm sure you're daughter loves you....

9. ace1972

ace1972 Member

Thanks-she used to be my only bright spot.....but now she has turned into her mother-my daughter has told me to my face that she does not want to see me.

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that is very sad if she says that...it's a shame her mother is using her as a pawn in this..
    god only know what she is telling her...
    have you asked your daughter why she won't see you?..
    children love their parents unconditionally so it seems like she is being brainwashed..
    are you able to fight legally for visits?

11. carekitty

carekitty Guest

It's not over yet. Okay, you may have done things in the past that you regret. But that doesn't mean that there is no hope for the future. You might be surprised at what lays in store. If you're not happy with the things you have done, then change that. You're not a bad human being, you've just made mistakes, and you can do things differently. Take some time off from having a serious relationship, and just try to treat others as you want them to treat you. There are a lot of nice gals out there, who want to find love as much as you do. Believe me, you never hear women complaining about there being too many men out there who want a loving relationship. :wink:

I'm sorry about what has happened with your daughter. But that is not her speaking, that's her mom. I bet in time she will want to see you again, just hang in there for her. Prove to her over time that what she is hearing about you isn't right. Be there for her when the time comes, and it will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.