Checking yourself into the hospital/doctors

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justMe7, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

simple question

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  2. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What's the question? Should you check yourself into hospitals or to see doctors?

If thats the question, then yes, if you are feeling that bad, you should go to the Emergency room and get yourself checked over and maybe even get yourself admitted if thats what it takes to get yourself feeling better and up to par again. And always tell your doctor how you are feeling depression wise.

3. justMe7

idk what it is. sorry, admitted yes

4. Animosity

it's alright. are you okay, hun?

5. justMe7

idk. No not really.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  6. justMe7

ug..dp

7. Animosity

whats going on?

8. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey hun, if you are in danger to yourself or others, then yes, the hospital is the place to be.

I have had good experiences with being inpatient.

Hope you get the help you deserve.

9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I sent an email to the mental wellness department in my city about this question. They said essentially this:

non crisis/emergency:
    Go to a general practitioner (walk-in clinic works) and describe your basic problems, they will rule out physical causes to said problems, then give a referral to a psychiatrist/psychologist

crisis:
    My city has two emergency intake centres for psychological crisis. They recommended those if no physical treatment is needed.

emergency- If you are afraid you might harm yourself/have harmed yourself:
    emergency room at hospital.

Good luck SBlake. I'm going to a GP on Monday, myself, first time for this sort of thing. I'm very scared but this time I will go. I will. :sad:

10. justMe7

That must be so hard Mr. Stewart.I have some incredible reservations about going, on many personal levels. I hope if you truly feel you need the support you go. :smile: I'm sure it'll be ok. Thankyou so much for posting btw.

@ texaskitty. Thanks :) but deserve is hardly in this situation. At best I feel like an absolute leech so deserve is not there.
    @Losing heart . So much stuff and so little stuff. It's just a shit storm of inbalanced aspects of my life, and other things. Too much to specifically get into. Talking about it always leaves me hanging with people so I've stopped.

Does anyone have any personal experience? As you guys say go when I feel im your in danger to yourself. Well, that makes no sense to me if they're just going to throw me out like yesterdays newspaper after I feel better, which can honestly just take mere moments if things are right. I kinda think i have thinks more undercontrol now, but I was wondering what actually happens if you get admitted

11. dice

dice Well-Known Member

They should ideally try to get to the cause of your problem to help you feel permanently better. This obviously doesn't work in 100% if the cases but the idea is to help you get better, not just catch you in a better mode. If you really feel you are in danger of hurting yourself you should get some help.

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well, last time I was admitted to a mental institution was in september after a very serious attempt. I hated being in there and I felt claustrophobic the whole time, it was a horrible dreadful sensation, I couldn't eat in there and I just prayed to be out of there as soon as possible. They finally let me out after a week. I lied to get out, although I wouldn't recommend doing this. If you feel you're a danger to yourself or to society, then yes it is the best place to be, its the only place you can be watched 24/7.

13. justMe7

You mean objectively breaking down the situation? ... oh dear.
    God.. I don't know about that. See my problem is I literally... ug.. dissolve every reason for living and my own self worth. I have alot of factors in my life that are anchored in positions that are positioned enough to dissolve my attempts to inspire my own existence and feelings. If that makes any senes. It's incredibly hard to motivate myself in the right direction atm. Though i survived last night and I've kept a bit of that horrid feeling with me, but twisting it around to just fixing my life, however that comes about. Sigh. nm writing doesnt really help.

I'd never attack society. I don't blame society or anyone for my shit life, infact despite my shit life society has been rather kind to me. I more owe it but fuck that. So they basically lock you up and dictate things to you? Get you to comfortable open up or put you in a room and say "we're going to talk, so whats on your mind?" .
    I guess that makes some sense. I don't think it's appriopriate for me then. I don't get dillusional to a constant state and just want to off myself and can't think of anything else. I keep thinking and feeling, and when I get like this letting people in on that level is very dodgy because their words and presence creates a great deal of influence which I will respond to instead of just dealing with how i feel and live.
    Even in this thread, the comments about being a danger to society made me feel slighlty insulted. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, which suggests my perception and ability to seperate objective comments to personal comments is a shit atm.

I guess I'll find no solace in being admitted. I have little to no self worth left anyhow. Finding that with some random system would probably just erode over night in my head, simply because Ill reaffirm I couldnt do it on my own. Though.. ican say that now. It gets pretty stupid sometimes. The worst part is it makes sense at the time.

Sorta feeling down again now anyhow. ... ug it's because im thinking and writing about this shit. I'm going to go try and do something else. My thoughts and feelings are that exposed, it's difficult to control navigate them. I just go with the flow.. really stupidly. If that makes any sense. Thanks for th replies.

14. Animosity

I was admitted twice last year. Once in February and once in March. they were both good experiences and I would go back if I had to to get the help I needed. A lot of people in the hospital are awesome listeners and want to help you work your way out through the problem.

15. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I did the same. I even told them I would lie to get out. Eventually they had to believe my lie, because I was there for med management after a serious attempt also (respiratory arrest twice). If I were me, I would have not believed me.

I just wanted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.