• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Cheering Someone Up?

EmB

Absolute Peach!
I've got a friend who's in a downer right now. It's not like them, and I think they're pretty alone in it all. I wanted to send a quick something to let them know they're not alone and to make them smile a little.

So my question is - what makes you smile? If you were feeling down, what sort of message would make you feel a little better?

Preferably something they don't have to reply to :)

Sending hugs

Em

Aw I feel like crying reading this, how lovely of you! I wish my friend was like this to me as I relate to how your friend feels. Anyway, I think a message with reassurance and compliments would put a smile on their face, something like "hey I'm sorry you feel so bad lately, please remember how much you mean to me and that I'm always here if you need to talk or anything. You're a great person and make a big difference in my life...etc" sorta thing, that makes the world of difference to me anyway when I feel down :) also some cute pictures, like animals, or sweet quotes about friendship. You can google cute memes about friendship, that sorta thing would be sweet and make them smile I bet. I've seen sweet cards in shops too to send to friends when they feel down, if you have their address. Basically cuteness, compliments, reassurance, love, and maybe some laughs with funny pics ❤

Nick the Fantastical Duck

☆☆Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
That is very thoughtful of you Em. For me it's something as simple as a message with I'm thinking of you and maybe some funny or kind picture. It doesn't have to be much, just a reminder that someone out there thought of me today. When I'm feeling alone and having a hard time that says a lot. I don't think it needs to be a lot. You'd be surprised how much just a few words can mean.

EmB

Absolute Peach!
Aw I feel like crying reading this, how lovely of you! I wish my friend was like this to me as I relate to how your friend feels. Anyway, I think a message with reassurance and compliments would put a smile on their face, something like "hey I'm sorry you feel so bad lately, please remember how much you mean to me and that I'm always here if you need to talk or anything. You're a great person and make a big difference in my life...etc" sorta thing, that makes the world of difference to me anyway when I feel down :) also some cute pictures, like animals, or sweet quotes about friendship. You can google cute memes about friendship, that sorta thing would be sweet and make them smile I bet. I've seen sweet cards in shops too to send to friends when they feel down, if you have their address. Basically cuteness, compliments, reassurance, love, and maybe some laughs with funny pics ❤
That is very thoughtful of you Em. For me it's something as simple as a message with I'm thinking of you and maybe some funny or kind picture. It doesn't have to be much, just a reminder that someone out there thought of me today. When I'm feeling alone and having a hard time that says a lot. I don't think it needs to be a lot. You'd be surprised how much just a few words can mean.
Thank you both, that's so helpful! Yeah, I'd love to let them know that they aren't on their own. I'll definitely send an uplifting quote or meme their way as you say, a little something funny (maybe a joke?) and let them know I've been thinking of them! :D thank you both so much :)

Sending hugs

Em

Sunspots

★☆ Braced for impact ☆★
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yep, totally agree with Nick. I love receiving a card with a message. It's so comforting just to know someone is thinking of me and has taken the time to let me know.

iwihbn

Don't the sun look angry at me?
I've got a friend who's in a downer right now. It's not like them, and I think they're pretty alone in it all. I wanted to send a quick something to let them know they're not alone and to make them smile a little.

So my question is - what makes you smile? If you were feeling down, what sort of message would make you feel a little better?

Preferably something they don't have to reply to :)

Sending hugs

Em
Remind them that you're there for them, and possibly plan a fun activity? Gaming with mates, or watching a comedy show usually works and helps ppl get out of they headspace for a while. Good luck to them and to you :D

EmB

Absolute Peach!
Remind them that you're there for them, and possibly plan a fun activity? Gaming with mates, or watching a comedy show usually works and helps ppl get out of they headspace for a while. Good luck to them and to you :D
Thanks for this! I totally will when they're in the right headspace for it, they just need a bit of time to themselves for now too :)

Sending hugs

Em

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$5.00
Goal
$255.00