Chem SUCKS! @#$^&*@$#%#

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Jess, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Jess

Jess Guest

Chemistry SUCKS .

I'm sitting here, and have been, staring with book open, notbook page blank. OH WAIT, my names on it.. and I can't do it. I won't. I give up on it. I'm working my ass off to get a pathetic C... I'm better than that, I SHOULD be better than that.. I'm ranked 9th in the class.... wtf.

FUCK FUCK FUCK. Report cards come out this week... I'm dead...

59, 61, 65, 50... my pas four test grades... I suck at it!!! ahhhhg...

It's almost 9pm.. I'm already tired.. and I've done shit. I'm ignoring the lab.. trying to do the book work.. keeping the packet in mind..

I hate stoichiometry. I don't understand it. Acids and bases can go f**k off. Moles, liters, grams, amu, can all just DIE! ahhhg. I don't care what the concentration of the hydrogen or hydroxide ions are that are left after the reaction.. why do I care? I'm not going to be a chemist... therefore I don't NEED chemistry... :mad:

Honestly, what is the point of stuff like biology, chemistry, history, etc unless you're planning on using it for whatever job you plan on getting? or if you want to take it. like ok, english, I need to know.. but what the fuck do I care about shakespeare? or othello? why do I need to analyze the 65th page in some stupid book. Why do I care why some MADE UP guy wore some shirt in some book that's NOT EVEN REAL?! But, the composition side of it. ok. I need that. Math.. to a DEGREE I need that.. but what the fuck am I going to use Sine Cosine and Tangent for? or. what in the world is anyone going to use trig for? or special triangles?

Yes, I can see it now... I'm driving down the street and I see a triangle floating in the air blocking my way to work.. it asks "What is the length of my hypotenuse if my other sides are blah blah and blah blah?" YEP THAT WILL HAPPEN :dry:

Ok, I realize I'm totally bellyaching.. and my parents did it, probably 90% of you have, your parents.. my parents parents.. etc. Everyone had to do it so I do too.. but uhhhhg. seriously.. why do they cram us with all this shit we'll never use? honestly, can any of you that have been through school and been in THE REAL WORLD tell me you've used the history of the medeivel times in your real lives? Have you just busted out the quadrative formula to some dude walking by you on the street because he NEEDED it?

uhhg.. can anyone even remember that shit?

I mean.. sure.. a plus or minus the square root of b squared - 4ac all over 2a.... I can repeat that in my sleep... but.. well you get it!!!

Sorry to ramble.. but it is called let it ALL out right?

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yep and you did let it out very well!!! take care....I'm off to bed.....:hug:

3. helena

helena Staff Alumni

awww, Jess,:hug:
    I really must say you made me laugh,and it has been a while, the way you put things in there... lol.
    I don't really think that you will need a lot of that indeed, and omg, how did I hate chemistry and maths in all forms! concernig history, I allways thought it gave us an insight on how nations became what they are now, why they speak the language they do nowadays... I don't know, it could be because I liked it.
    I hope you manage to get it done, and manage to remember it all, and don't get me wrong about the laughing but specially that quadrative formula for the guy on the street just made me :rofl: :laugh:
    knowing how you feel, so sending some hugs and strenght all your way
    :hug: :hug:
    helena

4. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

Jess Your defenitely Not the only 1 that Hates Chemistry.
    So do I.

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

(((((Jess))))) If it makes you feel any better I cant stand science - especially chem and because the rest of the boys in our class are dumbasses the teacher gets the idea I'm actually GOOD - when I'm not. :dry:

TDM

6. Jess

Jess Guest

Thanks for your replies.. I survived the whole mess of my school work. Course, I didn't even touch my math homework because I got to sleep in and go to school late today.. after the dentist :dry: I've been blessed with my mothers mouth.. shit teeth. my bad.. I hate floss anyways.

Chem.. FUCKING SUCKS. simpley put. Always has, always will..

I'm glad I managed to make you laugh, Helena.. Wasn't my aim :blink: but hey I'll take it.. that's just the way my mind works. fucked up as it is...

Glad to know I'm not the only one...

oh. and one little foot note... MONDAYS SUCK TOO

:smile: have a good one everybody :hug:

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I agree FULLY. Hope you're doing better hun. :hug:

TDM

8. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Just like to say i didn't read all the posts or replys cos i'mm feeling a little like throwing up and the words swimming over the pages isn't helping... Also like to point out I'm doing a masters in chemistry and got one of the better grades in my college at A-level in Chem, but still in mocks and work before the exams i struggled to get my grades over a C or D... I take it that it's only the begining of the year, and even if it's not I'm sure you will improve, at least thats what i'm telling myself looking at all my chem work..:blink: it is ridiculous